Quote Originally Posted by agoulet View Post
OK that is great info, thank you so much. Couple of questions for you:

1) How do you know my shaft is 1-1/8 and not 1-1/4, just by model and year?
2) Does the replacement have to be the same length as the one in there now or do i have some leeway?
3) How did you get the coupler free in the end? It is really tight down there so i'm not even sure of being able to do the job. I'm assuming that's why previous owner tried to patch instead of replacing
4) Is it normal that they fail? How often do they need replacing?
5) Thanks for the tip on finding it but what is AMD?

Sorry for all the questions, i'm not feeling super optimistic about this job. Everything in this boat is a pain in the ass. Even the impeller is way in the back and impossible to take out without dismantelling the whole assembly. I don't understand designing this way for parts that absolutely need changing and maintenance...

Thanks again for the explanations and tips

AMD was supposed to be "and" sorry for my bad typing.

Now for the questions.
1)1-1/8" is the common size for Moomba. Your model and year also prove that.

2)Aftermarket systems will all be slightly different so there is leeway. 4" is Glide specific.

3)There is a tool you can buy (I made mine) that bolts to the flange coupler and pushes the shaft out. Think reverse of a bearing puller. My MOJO had space to work but yes it is tight.

4) Like anything that rotates or supports rotation it is a wear item. Typically 500hrs or the rubber seal dry rots and cracks which ever comes first.

I didn't take pictures when I replaced mine but if you decide to tackle it, PM me and I can help explain some things.

Link below is the pulling tool I'm referring to. Again I made my own and used longer bolts from the hardware store.
https://skiboatpartsonline.com/Coupling-Puller-Tool