Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2018 Supra SE450

Hi everyone!
    My brother and I just turned in our 01 SAN 210 and got the Supra. Today was the first day we had it out and have a few issues that I’m hoping this group can help us sort out. One is the rear starboard ballast had a PDM fault and would not turn on. I reset ever breaker on the boat that I could find including the one in the engine bay tjay controls the ballast PDM board. I did this after we took the boat out of the water and the diagnostic screen does not show a fault anymore but can’t confirm the problem is fixed. The other ballast issue is that front tank/bag is leaking. When filling up I see water is getting into the hull. Anyway to track the issue here?

We also have misfire in cylinder 4 message but can’t tell if that was an old code because we did not feel/hear any misfire even with two race car engine builders one the boat with us.

The tower speakers decided to stop working even though they were on yesterday and you can hear a slight hmmm. Tried to mute and unmute them with no luck.

Lastly, the prop nut started to back itself off while we were out for a few hours. I have never seen this happen before. Could it just be whoever installed it did a crappy job? We didn’t feel any vibration that would indicate a bent prop or something that might cause the nut to lossen up.

Thank you all for your time and we are very excited to get this boat dialed in. Also engine has 253 hours on it.

I cannot speak for the PDM board.
    The leak on the front will require some removal of floor panels and sub floor in the bow to access. Hopefully only a loose hose connection.

Misfire could be there but not noticed. The raptor motor has 16 plugs and 1 of the 2 plugs could be bad on cylinder 4.

The speaker issue is a bad ground on the amp(s) and/or the head unit. The ground could explain the PDM and misfire issue. If grounds are all good the rca connectors are the next thing to check. But I would check all of the ground cables.

The prop nut should be a nylock nut with a cotter pin as backup. If it is not a nylock replace it and this shouldn't happen.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Prop nut shouldn't be used more than 2x. The nylock won't hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Thank you all for your responses this is extremely helpful!
    For the front ballast besides the round panel up front and in the middle where the drain plug goes how else do I examine the hard tank? Is there a schematic oh how the hoses are run? I confirmed no leaked at/around the two ballast and houses going into the hard tank. There was water on the top house under the round cover that’s screwed in. Where are the hoses connecting the hard tank to the bags?

For the prop, we have a 2775 right now. If we have to replace it what is the best prop you all recommend? We do not need to deal with high elevation.

I will check the grounds and RCA cables and see if I can figure that out as well.

2775 prop is ideal for a 450 with the 1.5 transmission

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

What lake are you on?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Folsom/Tulloch/Berryessa

Quote Originally Posted by cal1319 View Post
    Folsom/Tulloch/Berryessa

You might as well be speaking in a foreign language to me on those lakes! LOL! That's a looong way from home for this guy!

2021 Moomba Makai

But they do look pretty on Google Earth!!

2021 Moomba Makai

Hahah no worries… as long it has water in it I am happy! Hopefully I’ll get the Supra dialed in so we can really see what she has to offer. We had a lot of fun wakeboarding and even surfed with no ballast and I was able to drop the rope for a bit… much better than surfing the 210 so I can only hope with full ballast how nice it will be.