
Originally Posted by
Hayden
I have two opinion's to share here;
1) I personally keep my 500 lbs of lead behind driver's seat and directly opposite, in the port side space which is normally used for more leg room. You fill the boat to 100% with water ballast, with AW off, you try and get people to pick their preferred seat for the current surfer's session. Only after all of that do I start moving the lead around. Placing it under other ballast bags or gear prevents you from the flexibility that lead gives you. The worst thing that can happen is placing lead under bags and then accidentally turning AW on, and it draining your rears or bow because you forgot to turn it off or because you have 200 lbs of lead in both rears and no one wants to sit in the bow.
2) What magical place are you surfing at in AB/BC/Sask that has you in the water before mid June?
Thanks for the feedback….
For 1) my thought was the amount of ballast I am adding under the bags would be less than the additional that would have come with the even larger WM bags, so it would be static, and after studying and trying to gain some understanding of Ragboys (Wake9) data, the plan is to get the most displacement as possible with the weight and using AW to make those minor adjustments when people move around…. At least I think I am understanding it correctly lol
For 2) could be optimistic but hopeful to dunk into Chestermere mid May at best, hopefully not too much later depending on when the ice melts and they open the gates up a little, though I dont think anyone will have the stones to jump in and surf at that time…. then back off to Arrow and Kootenay Lake for the summer
2022 Makai
Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep - 5% tint - Shoreline Shade
400 - 1.76 - Acme 3409 16x13 prop (15.5x15 Altitude/Wake spare) prop
Ballast Mods: (aka TINRFD): 1500lb of lead (you read that right) and +700lb WM Bags