Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Great set of photos on your work. To move your sensor you can just add a length of hose to the end of the tube and a 90deg fitting between that hose and one that connects to the bag and just move the entire tube and sensor up in to the back rear corner. I had an issue with my port side divider popping out all the time with my stock bags. I bought 2 of the wakemakers kits and added the stiffeners to each panel as well. I also ended up drilling a few holes in the locker side of the aluminum channel and put screws into the dividers to hold them down in there as they did this on a few of my panels from the factory but not the large ones for serviceability I am guessing. I am surprised at the space you have between your rear wall and the bag. I don't believe mine are like that but they might be and I just never noticed. I will take a look next time. The first time I filled the bags I filled them to where I could still move them and then got them all situated in the locker. Did you pay attention to get the correct bag in the correct locker? ( I had no Idea that they were port and starboard side specific and might have just gotten lucky lol)
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Great set of photos on your work. To move your sensor you can just add a length of hose to the end of the tube and a 90deg fitting between that hose and one that connects to the bag and just move the entire tube and sensor up in to the back rear corner. I had an issue with my port side divider popping out all the time with my stock bags. I bought 2 of the wakemakers kits and added the stiffeners to each panel as well. I also ended up drilling a few holes in the locker side of the aluminum channel and put screws into the dividers to hold them down in there as they did this on a few of my panels from the factory but not the large ones for serviceability I am guessing. I am surprised at the space you have between your rear wall and the bag. I don't believe mine are like that but they might be and I just never noticed. I will take a look next time. The first time I filled the bags I filled them to where I could still move them and then got them all situated in the locker. Did you pay attention to get the correct bag in the correct locker? ( I had no Idea that they were port and starboard side specific and might have just gotten lucky lol)
    I made sure the bags were for the correct sides. I am hoping I can slide it back a bit to sit flush with the wall. Again that bag just has a weird shape, and doesn't seem to fit the space like I thought it would, but maybe I can adjust it. I didn't really have a lot of time to spend on it after putting it in. I also put two more screws in the middle panel when I reinstalled the dividers. I actually found two little black screws laying under my stock bag when I took it out. Had to have been there from the factory. Which was a bit scary I must say. Luckily they never punctured the bag. One of them was partially plugging up the drain hole drilled in the corner of the locker. I am going to try to readjust that bag, and who knows maybe my storage tray will fit then!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HFarr; 06-13-2022 at 09:11 AM.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I made sure the bags were for the correct sides. I am hoping I can slide it back a bit to sit flush with the wall. Again that bag just has a weird shape, and doesn't seem to fit the space like I thought it would, but maybe I can adjust it. I didn't really have a lot of time to spend on it after putting it in. I also put two more screws in the middle panel when I reinstalled the dividers. I actually found two little black screws laying under my stock bag when I took it out. Had to have been there from the factory. Which was a bit scary I must say. Luckily they never punctured the bag. One of them was partially plugging up the drain hole drilled in the corner of the locker. I am going to try to readjust that bag, and who knows maybe my storage tray will fit then!

Looking at your pictures I think I actually just got lucky placing mine in the correct lockers as mine are the same as yours with the wakemakers logo on the inside or engine side of the top fittings and with the way the bags are made you couldn't have them in there in that oriantation but on the wrong side. If they were in the wrong locker the logo would be on the outside of the top fittings if all that makes that makes sense.

As far as the gap at the back wall your fittings for the bags might have gotten stuck on the edges of the holes they come through so moving them around might be an easy fix. I had the same issue as you with finding the screw in the locker drain hole.

It will be interesting to see if once you get your bags adjusted if you are able to still fit the trays as some others have stated that they can. Do you plan to use your aftermarket air bleeder as you had on your factory bags? were you able to get the trays to clear with that bleeder on top?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Looking at your pictures I think I actually just got lucky placing mine in the correct lockers as mine are the same as yours with the wakemakers logo on the inside or engine side of the top fittings and with the way the bags are made you couldn't have them in there in that oriantation but on the wrong side. If they were in the wrong locker the logo would be on the outside of the top fittings if all that makes that makes sense.

As far as the gap at the back wall your fittings for the bags might have gotten stuck on the edges of the holes they come through so moving them around might be an easy fix. I had the same issue as you with finding the screw in the locker drain hole.

It will be interesting to see if once you get your bags adjusted if you are able to still fit the trays as some others have stated that they can. Do you plan to use your aftermarket air bleeder as you had on your factory bags? were you able to get the trays to clear with that bleeder on top?
    The tray cleared the bleeder valve on the stock bags, but I am sure it won't on the new one with the tray, if it will even fit after I move the bag around. Now without the tray it might fit.

2021 Moomba Makai

Here are some pictures of the new bag, Port, compared to the stock bag, Starboard. I only filled it one time and drained them. Not sure if it just needs sliding around a bit or what, but it didn't want to sit against the back wall of the boat where the fill & drain lines are. The shape doesn't really seem to fit the space exactly for something that was designed too. Maybe it needs adjusting in the space a bit, but not a lot of room for movement with the hoses at each end connected up. It also interferes with the tray about 2". Which is really a bummer. I can see where it could have been designed to get the same volume and work with the trays too. My fill sensor is also at the top of its limit unless I pop it off the hard tube and strap it to the flexible hose. I just run my pumps till the overflow comes out the side of the boat. Also burp all the air out just at or before 90%.

My bags say “Moomba” on them next the the “exact fit.” Maybe I missed it on yours, or maybe they just changed how they label them but I thought that was odd.

Also , mine have a slight “L” shape that heads towards the front of the boat. And, they appear to fill up the space side to side and front/back. I wonder if you didn’t get the right bags?
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    My bags say “Moomba” on them next the the “exact fit.” Maybe I missed it on yours, or maybe they just changed how they label them but I thought that was odd.

Also , mine have a slight “L” shape that heads towards the front of the boat. And, they appear to fill up the space side to side and front/back. I wonder if you didn’t get the right bags?
    I am wondering now myself. I only installed the port bag, so.we will see if the starboard is the same way. But I am going to relook at the part numbers on the packing slip again too.

2021 Moomba Makai

Do you happen to have a photo looking down on your wakemakers bag when it's filled?

2021 Moomba Makai

The boxes for mine are labeled as part numbers BO497 and BO498. Of course I guess the wrong bag could have been put in the box.

2021 Moomba Makai

Do you happen to have a photo looking down on your wakemakers bag when it's filled?

Out of town but I’ll send a good one the next time I’m out.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

These "exact fit" Wakemakers bags are 6"shorter in length than the original Fatsac that came with the boat. This is a picture of the Starboard bags. I lined the bags up using the bottom seam corner to corner. Part# BO 498. This just does not seem right. 2021 Moomba Makai. The box says for Makai 2019+.

2021 Moomba Makai