
Originally Posted by
jmk4312
I'm excited that I will be picking up a new 2019 Max in November. The dealer will install Wakemakers rear / midship ballast but I know the bow still needs more. Has anyone successfully added bags to the front by tapping into the subfloor bow ballast bag or are you having to fill those manually? I would prefer not to use lead b/c I'm on a lift but since I will likely have to increase my lift's capacity anyway (old boat had 3900# dry weight) that may be the easier option since I won't lose storage. Whatever option I go with has to be easy and not be seen so I keep the wife happy

.
Congrats on your new boat and I think you are going to love the additional rear and mid ship ballast once you get it. Before you get too crazy with modifying the front ballast, you should first see how the additional weight in the rear and mid helps. Especially the mid ship ballast. If you only added the additional weight in the rear, then you are correct, you would need more weight in the front. But I think the wakemakers kit you are talking about only adds a little in the rear, with the majority of the extra weight being in the mid ship. It is closer to the center of gravity, so I doubt you will need to add to the front. Keep us posted and congrats again on your boat.
Matt Brown
Product Development Manager