Default Recommend a moomba!

I'm about to be in the market for a new boat and moomba is nice for the bang! We are going from an 03 mobius lsv. There is normally 4 or 5 on the boat at a time but can be more. We like to wakeboard and surf.

50k ish budget we want surf tab system

What are y'alls recommendations and why?!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Almost every boat in the Moomba lineup will feel bigger than the 2003 LSV. That model got bigger in 2006. The Mojo, Mondo, Craz and Max are bigger. The Helix will feel bigger too even though I think it's the same length. I'd suggest visiting your closest dealer and checking them out. One will certainly jump out at you. And, yes, the value is there. Good luck! Be sure to post pics of your new Moomba!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

50kish? If you can bump up your budget just a few thousand, you could probably get into a brand new leftover Mondo or Helix with a full warranty. That's bang for the buck.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

For surf tabs and that price you may find some 15-16's.
    2018 Supra SL550
    2017 Supra SE450

Conversely, if your ok with used and the pre-raptor engine, you could save +$10k and get a pre-2015 model and add tabs (either OEM or after market) for $3-4K. With all the new models coming out I’d bet you could stretch $40k pretty far on someone’s lightly used moomba.
    2013 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by c h r i s View Post
    Conversely, if your ok with used and the pre-raptor engine, you could save +$10k and get a pre-2015 model and add tabs (either OEM or after market) for $3-4K. With all the new models coming out I’d bet you could stretch $40k pretty far on someone’s lightly used moomba.
    I read the hulls on the pre 15 mojos are leave to be desired is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by stx.dead.I View Post

I can’t answer that. My surfs very well and boards just fine for my tastes, but I’m not a serious wakeboarder throwing verts. I’ve also never been behind the newer hull, so ignorance is bliss. Just another thing to consider if your working a budget.
    2013 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by stx.dead.I View Post

Maybe someone can chime in about the hulls and if those changed over the last 5 years.

The surf systems have are evolving over the last few years.

As for ballast, add more. Even on the new boats, same adage: "no replacement for displacement".

Are you into verts and spins in boarding? Catching air for surfing?
    If not (as with most boaters and families), the SC boats all will do fine. Some are better that others.

I would climb around them and you will know what 'fits' for your desired interior space.
    2018 Supra SL400