Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
cornrickey, I saw your wakegate thread over on the Supra forums, actually just read through it again today. Looks like you are still trying to dial it in quite a bit? I'm sure somebody will come out with a kit (maybe that's your plan?), and then pay Malibu royalties lol! When I first saw it, all I thought of was just putting two hydraulic wakeplates (trim tabs) vertically and doing the same thing, but maybe with a longer trim tab (I've seen some quite a bit longer than the wakeplates on offshore style boats).

Nate, I don't really want to stack the bags because I wakeboard as much as I surf. Half the reason I upgraded to a newer boat was so I had plumbed ballast and could switch from sport to sport whenever (we tube, and I throw on the slalom ski every now and again). I think I'll be fine with 650s or 750s or 1100s, since it will be more than what I have now and like I said before I can surf all day on my wake as is and it's a good wakeboard wake too with what I have. Just always trying to get a little more, never satisfied as my wife says! If I can get your 650 bags, or the other members, for a good deal I'll probably go for it. Otherwise if I have to go new I don't see a point to get 750s when the 1100s are only $80 more. Can always put less weight in a 1100, can't really do more weight in a 750!

Are there aftermarket ballast gauges? I was actually thinking if I got the 1100s, I could basically put some sort of measurement on the wall, like showing percentages full of the bag so I can fill each side up as close as possible to the same amount. That would be the easiest way to do something like that, atleast easiest I could think of. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to eyeball it anyway. I just don't think I'll wakeboard with that much weight, 750 is probably just about right but I wouldn't mind having 1100 for surfing.
I'm done with the design of the gates. I wasn't able to get it to work with the surf side retracted. I will be removing the surf side gate when switching sides. still it only takes about a minute to do compared to moving bags and there isn't any lean, all bags are hidden and I decrease the weight by about about 1200 lbs. it's a no brainer.