
Originally Posted by
KG's Supra24
I can see some of what is being said here but also want to add a little.
Mojo definitely needs some more publicity but it comes with time. They also released it at the same time as a ton of other manufacturers rolled out their new models, even its big brother rolled out the SA which dwarfed some of the attention.
Numbers can definitely play into peoples decisions but not to the extent being talked about, at least in my opinion. 50k loan for 12 years is not a $25 difference from 75k at 15 years. It's a $130 difference monthly assuming a 5% interest. I also think Malibu holds its value just as well as or better than SC. People aren't comparing a Moomba to a Malibu, at least in my opinion.
I think the mentioning of the term and new boat is spot on like Kane mentioned. If you are financing a brand new boat for 12 to 15 years with little down you better have some magic dust to keep the boat from depreciating faster than your loan. I think that goes across the board for all manufacturers, though.
If I was SC, I'd be looking into sandm's comments.
For the record wasn't trying to compare SC and Malibu exactly. Just my dealerships them both.
My reference to tugboat loan money is from what was offered when I went to evening with the stars.
My last boat loan was just under 400 a month.
Looking to pull my next boat loan at apx 35% more then my last boat I expect my loan to about 525.
Knowing what my next boat costs already unknowing the deal I was offered to buy a Malibu my payment would be 550 a month. The differences was 12 year loan vs a 20 year loan.
That was the point I was trying to make.
I also think if you research the Malibu resale value vs Moomba or Supra you will see the Malibu drops more in value the first couple years. I think this is the same reason MC drops in value. There is a lot more mark up in those boats then SC boats.
Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
[COLOR="#696969"]