Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
Wow! That is really a big difference. I bet you really do have to watch out for submerged rocks.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Lake Powell changes every time you go, so you always need to be aware. There are pinnacles that are high out of the water now, that will wreck your day when the water is higher. The big problem now is really with the emergence of shoals and sand bars in areas that everyone has always boated over the top of without a thought, since they were in 60 feet of water. Also, as you approach the back of canyons, trees are coming out that have been in the water for 60 years. Anchorage is a little more challenging too, since some of the sandstone is rotting as it dries and we have typically tied to rocks rather than using traditional anchors, since they are hard to secure in the sand/rock environment. In the channel, it is still very deep though, with water levels in excess of 300 ft.

Sweet pics mmmkay! I am jealous of your Escalante excursion. I am trying to convince our crew that we need to go down and see Cathedral and Gregory Bridge this fall. Perhaps it will have to wait until spring though. That Adonia is amazing. We stay up north though, where the Adonias and Bravadas don't dare to venture!