Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

Default Murder Max Mods

Now that it’s here I’ve already started modding the max, so I figured a thread to document everything was appropriate. If anyone has questions about anything don’t hesitate to ask.

#1: Adjustable height seat riser. I did this immediately, and it’s a direct bolt in. The 12-17” is perfect for me to look over the tinted windshield without having to sit on the seat riser, and it’s easy to lower down if we are just hanging out on the boat.

Garelick/Eez-In 75635:01 Blue Water Adjustable Height Ribbed Series Positive Pin Lock Pedestal - 12" - 17" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IR20YW?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

#2 STEREO!!!

I ordered the boat without any stereo options other than the transom remote. I worked out a pair of rev10’s from the dealer, and ordered the following from exile audio. I got a great deal and excellent service from Brian and Donovan at exile!

Xi12D 12” sub
    6.5” speakers x4
    Javelin 5ch amp (interiors and sub)
    XM30.2 2ch amp (for towers)
    ZLD zone controller kit
    Miscellaneous wires/fuses/distribution blocks for install

Last night I figured I might as well start with the most intimidating part, cutting an 11” hole in my brand new boat....

I didn’t get any during pics but here is the end result:

^you can see the adjustable seat riser in that pic as well

Next up is building the amp rack...
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Oh yea, I used a premade box to seal in the back of the sub. I used an aerosol lacquer to coat it inside and out to hopefully help with moisture resistance.

Rockville RSE12 Single 12 1.1 cu.ft. 5/8 MDF Sealed Car Sub Enclosure Box https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DFW0OUQ..._Y.WdBbZE0J1DN

I used a window seal to help seal it to the back of the helm

I used 2” #10 stainless screws going from the front of the sub, through the helm, and into the box

I’ll get some pics of it mounted from inside the helm later
    2018 Murder Max

Looking good so far. Keep us posted.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sweet! I'll probably do that pedal stool too! I feel like my 260lb physique is abusing the flip up riser...
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Amp rack layout done, just need to drill some holes, throw some carpet down and wire it. I’m going to add a single blue LED under each amp and the charger to give them a little backlighting.

I also went ahead and added a rgb LED to each 6.5” speaker grill to shine on the woofer. https://www.oznium.com/led-bolts-pre...face-mount-led

2018 Murder Max

Great progress. some insight (that probably won't matter since you've already bought some stuff...

1) Nothing wrong with a premade box. I'm kinda surprised you didn't go with the premade box with the bedliner coating on it. did you not find one of those that would fit in the space you had to work with? I would have recommended this one if you're going for sealed to save space, but it has the bedliner coating... I have one of these for a 10" sub I added and the bedliner coating they did is TOUGH and I was impressed:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Q-Power-Q...&wl13=&veh=sem

2) For the LED's to light up the cabin speakers, I would have probably went with a round LED Angel eye sized to match the bottom of that tweeter. But yours will probably look the same.

3) Glad to see I'm not the only person that doesn't sweat it mixing exile and WS! LOL. I have the exile BT controller and REV410s. Brian just rolls his eyes at me.

4) Love that max and your enthusiasm for modding it.

5) if you go LED cupholders, I strongly recommend the ones that have the translucent barrels and the whole inside of the cupholder glows. They're premade and actually surprisingly affordable and definitely some of the most professional looking ones around.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I will second the cupholders trayson recommended. I installed the same ones last week and they look great! Boat looking great. Anxious to see how it turns out

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks y’all. I did see that box when looking for one but it is slightly larger than what I ended up with. Space was a major concern and I ended up having to grind some fiberglass from inside the helm for this one to fit (if I had mounted the sub 1” lower then I would have been good, but the hole was cut at that point so no going back lol)

Do you happen to have a link to those cup holders? I was thinking about making my own rings with some led strips and plastic water line for a refrigerator.
    2018 Murder Max

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Thanks y’all. I did see that box when looking for one but it is slightly larger than what I ended up with. Space was a major concern and I ended up having to grind some fiberglass from inside the helm for this one to fit (if I had mounted the sub 1” lower then I would have been good, but the hole was cut at that point so no going back lol)

Do you happen to have a link to those cup holders? I was thinking about making my own rings with some led strips and plastic water line for a refrigerator.
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-GLOWING-...ty!40220!US!-1

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks, doesn’t look like he does rgb though?
    2018 Murder Max