Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 112
  1. #101
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,875

    Default

    The o ring groove in the photo is correct and it's a pita to get it out of that groove.

    It's reusable a few times and not all filters come with a new one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    The o ring groove in the photo is correct and it's a pita to get it out of that groove.

    It's reusable a few times and not all filters come with a new one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    General cartridge filter knowledge.

    https://www.ecogard.com/cartridge-oi...ment-missteps/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    Good article!!

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

  4. #104
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,875

    Default

    Not a fan of the cartridge filters, ideally I would like a top mounted spin on filter.

    They make conversion kits OR the earlier raptors has spin on filters, maybe can find the parts to change to spin on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Not a fan of the cartridge filters, ideally I would like a top mounted spin on filter.

    They make conversion kits OR the earlier raptors has spin on filters, maybe can find the parts to change to spin on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It would be awesome if my spin on was top mounted and not hanging. Makes a mess everytime hanging down.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Winston Salem NC
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Automotive shop guy here:

    If you have it in the wrong groove, it will be spraying oil within 30-90 seconds. 99% of canister filters-bottom groove, the groove above is part of the threads of the canister.


    Quote Originally Posted by JimLevin View Post
    Got a question on the filter and refill process for a Raptor Indmar 6.2L 2019 Makai. For the cartridge oil filter type, when you guys put your new oil filter back in, do you pour some new oil into the oil filter canister before inserting the new oil filter? (I am not talking about a spin-on type filter, I mean specifically the cartridge (https://inboardonline.com/6-2l-rapto...ct-description) type, similar to a Toyota sequoia.) I saw a video where a guy changed his oil and did this, poured in some oil to the canister before putting the new filter in and putting the top back on. I was under the impression the oil would just drain out of the filter canister back to the oil pan if you did this. Iíve already refilled the new oil to the top line of the dipstick and would not want to pour more oil into the filter canister, just to have it drain back to the oil pan and sump. Thoughts? AND where do yall place the new rubber o-ring, at the very base or on the last rib of the canister top? Note what I mean is, see how the white ring is in this photo of the canister top, located at the top Ďribí of the threads instead of at the very edge of the canister top https://inboardonline.com/501023-cap...-6-2l-5011023/ Asking b/c I always move it to the very top of the canister, am I wrong and the photo correct?
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

  7. #107

    Default

    For clarity, this is what I am talking about, see photo. There is a groove at the very top edge/rim of the canister, I labeled it groove #2, then one just below that area, I labeled it groove #1. The photo has a white rubber o-ring in groove #1, that I am reading from everyone is in the correct placement location of the o-ring. Groove #2 is incorrect and not where the o-ring goes. correct? canister oring.jpg
    2019 Moomba Makai

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    It would be awesome if my spin on was top mounted and not hanging. Makes a mess everytime hanging down.
    I use an empty gallon washer fluid jug I cut the top off of it and drop the filter into it. Catches the oil and no messy bilge. When I worked for Audicyears ago 1.8 turbos had a filter that would leak into the subframe if you didn't catch the filer in a jug of sorts. I had a special jug called my tear bucket because the wash guy's would constantly toss it out when they took oil filters out and I would whine and complain until I found it.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

  9. #109
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,875

    Default Note from Indmar - CHANGE YOUR OIL!

    Quote Originally Posted by JimLevin View Post
    For clarity, this is what I am talking about, see photo. There is a groove at the very top edge/rim of the canister, I labeled it groove #2, then one just below that area, I labeled it groove #1. The photo has a white rubber o-ring in groove #1, that I am reading from everyone is in the correct placement location of the o-ring. Groove #2 is incorrect and not where the o-ring goes. correct? canister oring.jpg
    Groove 1 is correct. Although, looking at the design, groove 2 likely would seal it as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 05-24-2023 at 06:15 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

  10. #110

    Default

    Ok thought so too after looking at the filter housing. (thanks for that edit! I was questioning myself deeply) If I recall, when I initially removed the cap, on the first oil change, the o-ring was in groove #2, at the very top of the housing.

    And Yes, I agree, @Larry, great article post! Here's another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_u_lxznX0&t=1s
    Last edited by JimLevin; 05-24-2023 at 06:50 PM.
    2019 Moomba Makai

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •