Hybrid View

Well, the cat's out of the bag on the Max. Should have released on here first anyway to the loyal followers. I bet it will be an excellent surf boat.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Well, the cat's out of the bag on the Max. Should have released on here first anyway to the loyal followers. I bet it will be an excellent surf boat.
    Kane,

We totally planned to release it on our site, first. But all plans don't always go the way you want. ha. I soon will ban dealers from having phones at the Product info meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    Kane,

We totally planned to release it on our site, first. But all plans don't always go the way you want. ha. I soon will ban dealers from having phones at the Product info meeting.
    with all the live feeds now, would think that a reveal at the dealers meeting would fix all this?
    with the thirst for knowlege and all the social media/electronic platforms out there, embrace them.

Im with aqua that it's a tad silly. anyone shopping for moomba or supra in the last week has now stopped pending a new product. has to be frustrating for dealers telling them I have this great new boat that will fit your needs but come back next week
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    with all the live feeds now, would think that a reveal at the dealers meeting would fix all this?
    with the thirst for knowlege and all the social media/electronic platforms out there, embrace them.

Im with aqua that it's a tad silly. anyone shopping for moomba or supra in the last week has now stopped pending a new product. has to be frustrating for dealers telling them I have this great new boat that will fit your needs but come back next week
    Agreed. Especially if you are going to release new models mid-summer.
    I would think building as much hype and pre-production demand as possible makes more sense.
    The tease of an upcoming new model, with all the right looks and features, might keep a new buyer from shopping the competition.
    Demand must be created for a luxury item. Nobody NEEDS a new boat.
    I kinda doubt all of the cloak and dagger stuff adds zeros to the correct column on the balance sheet.
    Just my .02 cents, but what do I know.

2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post

Agree 100%

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

The biggest reason they wait to release new boat info is to give the dealers a chance to sell current year stock. You also have to think that what many consider the Big 3, being Skiers Choice, Malibu and Mastercraft are all built right down the street from each other, so secrecy about new models is always at a premium.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    The biggest reason they wait to release new boat info is to give the dealers a chance to sell current year stock. You also have to think that what many consider the Big 3, being Skiers Choice, Malibu and Mastercraft are all built right down the street from each other, so secrecy about new models is always at a premium.
    Correct Craft isn't part of the Big 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I'm fairly certain you missed my point....when you have 3 big time boat companies in the same area, business is done a little different....but yes, in and around Knoxville, you'll see 5 of all the other boats to every 1 Nautique, Ski Supreme, Centurion, MB or anything else out there. Not at all saying those aren't good boats or anything...maybe RickT will chime in with a better explanation.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    Kane,

That dealer had the boat on his lot from what it looked like , if not they listed on boatrader from photos they took , a no no
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

^ I think he was referring to the Supra SL550 as it looked like it had temporary TN registration numbers.

That antenna on top of the tower needs an explanation to go along with the pic!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded