Hybrid View

Default Best cleaning products ?

Interior;
    Malco or TotallyAwesome cleaner
    303 protectant

Exterior;
    When I do a full cleaning I use white vinegar, then re-wax. I don't have a particular favorite wax

I want to find a good spray wax to keep the boat fresh after a day on the water.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Interior;
    303 protectant

Exterior;
    When I do a full cleaning I use white vinegar, then re-wax. I don't have a particular favorite wax

I want to find a good spray wax to keep the boat fresh after a day on the water.
    I use the exact same stuff as you Ian, and on the Mojo i have been using McGuires Spray on wax after the boat comes out of the water and no water spots yet. It smells great as your doing it also.

I also spray distilled white venegar / water 50% in the engine bay carpet, and under my IBS bag. This keeps it from Molding during our season.

Even 3 weeks in the garage with air flow my boat carpet is still damp from the last outting. Only way my interior dries out is leave the boat outside or use fans.
    Last edited by mmandley; 04-26-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I put mine in the 100 degree garage with two fans running and it's dry the next day.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Interior;
    303 protectant

Exterior;

I never experiment with vinegar (water mix). I guess, there's always first time for everything LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sgoyal View Post
    I never experiment with vinegar (water mix). I guess, there's always first time for everything LOL
    This is good remove wax and any build up, also the stronger it is the more water spots it will remove just by whiping it down. You do have to deal with the smell.

I use it on the carpets in the engine area and IBS because it stops all mold growth, also when its stored over the winter it prevents spiders from nesting in the boat as well. It only smells for a few hours then only the critters can smell it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    This is good remove wax and any build up, also the stronger it is the more water spots it will remove just by whiping it down. You do have to deal with the smell.

I use it on the carpets in the engine area and IBS because it stops all mold growth, also when its stored over the winter it prevents spiders from nesting in the boat as well. It only smells for a few hours then only the critters can smell it.
    Thanks a lot mmandley.

I second all the opinions on babes. smells yummy when going on, but doesn't really seem to "clean" stains. malco for cleaning then babes to treat it again. kept the seats in the supra looking brand new the day I sold it..

I have read that meguires for boats is the best wax out there and to stay away from regular auto waxes.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten