Thread: Plasti Dip

Hybrid View

I can say with complete Certainty that Drew wont be buying an SA. Not because of price or budget but because the SA really sucks as a surf boat.

I surfed it and you have to have all the hard ballast filled, plus bags, plus 6+ people in the boat to even start to get an LSV quality wave. The SA is a pure unadulterated Wake Boat Hull.

Like many boats out there, you can make it surf but honestly the wave was just tall and and very short. Even with a lot of Nose weight it wouldnt lengthen the pocket.

I was really really hopping it would be a good surf boat as i have loved the boat since i first saw it. I love the line, the looks, everything about the boat except the Surf wave.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to use the plasti-dip on the moomba letters? Dont you think the water would eventually just end up pealing it off. I would think that the constant water flowing over the letters would just mess it up after a few days on the lake.

I would love to buy those letters for my 07 LSV but they want 500 bucks for them, right now I have nothing on the boat but I think that the letters look awesome. I have heard people talking about the letters coming unglued so I didn't want to spend 500 on letters that are just going to fall off in the water.

If anyone has letters they want to sell me I will buy them off of you BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Do you guys think it would be a good idea to use the plasti-dip on the moomba letters? Dont you think the water would eventually just end up pealing it off. I would think that the constant water flowing over the letters would just mess it up after a few days on the lake.

I would love to buy those letters for my 07 LSV but they want 500 bucks for them, right now I have nothing on the boat but I think that the letters look awesome. I have heard people talking about the letters coming unglued so I didn't want to spend 500 on letters that are just going to fall off in the water.

If anyone has letters they want to sell me I will buy them off of you BTW.
    The plasti dip is a 2 part process in curing.

The first couple hours after you apply it you can easily peal it off to get the edges clean and undo mistakes and such.

You then have to let it cure for 1-3 days according to there videos. After the curing you can remove it still but its much much harder.

They show a 1800 PSI pressure washer spraying on the edges and directly on it to simulate how strong the bond it.

They also say its still removable but you have to really rub at the corners to start an edge.

I think if you have the Moomba letters already and want them as different colors this is a strong possiblity.

If i would have had the Letters on Fierah then i would have blacked them out with this to try it out for everyone. I had the tribal pattern and after a bad day at the docks from A holes wake boarding threw the no wake zone the got dock rash and had to go.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I can say with complete Certainty that Drew wont be buying an SA. Not because of price or budget but because the SA really sucks as a surf boat.

I surfed it and you have to have all the hard ballast filled, plus bags, plus 6+ people in the boat to even start to get an LSV quality wave. The SA is a pure unadulterated Wake Boat Hull.

Like many boats out there, you can make it surf but honestly the wave was just tall and and very short. Even with a lot of Nose weight it wouldnt lengthen the pocket.

I was really really hopping it would be a good surf boat as i have loved the boat since i first saw it. I love the line, the looks, everything about the boat except the Surf wave.

That either means a newer mojo???? Or a surf specific boat
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold