Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: New for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Surf Wagon View Post
    Now I just have to go to the boat show tonight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    You better take 100s of pics for me, I mean the forum. 100s of pics for everyone on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    Now that "the big boat" doesn't offend me visually (sorry Max owners) it's time to start deciding if I really want to tow/store that big of a boat...
    Korey,
    I see you are in KY. Sea Ray of Cincinnati will have a new Makai at Norris Lake, Shanghai Resort on August 10-12 for their Moomba / Supra appreciation weekend. Wish I could go, but I have already made the trip down their twice this year.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    You better take 100s of pics for me, I mean the forum. 100s of pics for everyone on the forum

will do

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Korey,
    I see you are in KY. Sea Ray of Cincinnati will have a new Makai at Norris Lake, Shanghai Resort on August 10-12 for their Moomba / Supra appreciation weekend. Wish I could go, but I have already made the trip down their twice this year.

Ah hell ill Be there 16-20 with another moomba owner

2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Hey guys. So I got to take my family surfing on that makai in the video we did. We spent several hours and went through the entire boat and also had several hours of time with Matt Brown, the head designer. So when I released our video of interviewing Matt, that was the day we rode the Makai.

Anyway, I am working on my full review, let me know what you think I should hit on or what you want to know, or feel free to ask me any questions. I can tell you, its a winner.

HMU (That is why my son says, Hit Me Up)

Quote Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
    Hey guys. So I got to take my family surfing on that makai in the video we did. We spent several hours and went through the entire boat and also had several hours of time with Matt Brown, the head designer. So when I released our video of interviewing Matt, that was the day we rode the Makai.

Anyway, I am working on my full review, let me know what you think I should hit on or what you want to know, or feel free to ask me any questions. I can tell you, its a winner.

How’s the storage compared to the Max?

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by ragboy View Post

Surf stock no problem?

Surf plates—do they reflect the strides made on the Supra side with 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    How’s the storage compared to the Max?

Storage is pretty insane, this boat is massive, think like SE massive, and then all subfloor ballast. So you don't lose any storage, and we did NOT bring a single pound of lead or any sack. What you see in the video, is PURE stock. They actually asked me to bring lead out of our SL to the Makai. I declined. My thoughts, if we can't surf great with 4k ballast and a full family there is a problem. Also, the subfloor ballast was interesting, it has like a "soft" cover, so you can remove and inspect which is GREAT and then also, you can actually add plug and play on TOP of the sub floor rear tanks, it was pretty sick. If I bought this boat, I would probably bring a few hundred lbs of lead for those times we only have a couple people, and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    Surf stock no problem?

Absolutely, the video I did was ALL stock, but with a good load of peeps. But why buy a 25' boat and not have the peeps?

Keep in mind, in years past, I have been asked to do things like this. We are brought a boat to review and test, and sometimes the video never shows up. We don't talk about it. I also prepped SC that if we came and it didn't perform, we just wouldn't say a word about that boat. That is kind of our rule. But everything I have seen from SC, has blown me away since the SE.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Korey,

Thanks for the heads up! We've got a houseboat rented on Cumberland that weekend. I've been talking with "my guy" this week and he says he'll have one sometime in that time-frame too. At that time, I'll harass him into letting me steal it for a few hours! He knows that's how I ended up with the Craz in my garage so it shouldn't take too much pushing.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead