Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

been to lake norris twice and cumberland twice. lake norris is really calm you can find a nice area where your wont' run into anyone . we got a houseboat from flat hollow marina and people there were super nice and really friendly. people at cumberland were kinda rude to the out of staters unless u go to the state dock. we went to cumberland second week of june this year and there was a lot of floating junk in the water that u had to dodge...keep that in mind

Norris looks really good to me. Put me down for 4-5 days some time in July.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

http://www.mountainlakemarina.com/

looks to have a little of everthing and easy to get to

july 2010 ?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Im actually getting ready to head down to dale hollow tonight from ohio. I love it there...this weekend will be a little bit diff being a holiday weekend but anyother time you go you can find glass anywhere at any given time. the people there are super friendly and there is a huge rope swing there!
    ________
    religion forum
    Last edited by ajmoritz17; 01-22-2011 at 03:36 AM.

i've done the cumberland trip 3 times thru statedock. always had a great time. it is as much of a party lake as you want it to be - you can find a cove & keep to yourself or you can go where everyone parties. the water does get choppy in the afternoon - but you can usually find a cove with calm water. i'd recommend the trip to cumberland to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    july 2010 ?
    I think that works for me. I just want to go somewhere new every summer so the kids get different experiences.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Dale Hollow is my home lake and I'm yet to find a lake in this area that even comes close to it. I may be a bit biased but I think you would have a hard time finding a lake nicer, cleaner, or more beautiful than Dale Hollow. It does get a bit crowded on the holiday weekends but it's a big lake with plenty of water for everyone. If you come on a non-holiday or stay through the week, you won't have any problem finding seclusion.

There are tons of marinas and restaraunts on the water. If you want a houseboat or cabin right on the water, check out Eagles Cove. If you want to camp (tent or camper) right on the water, try Lilly Dale or Willow Grove. Dale Hollow State Resort Park is a beautiful area with hiking trails, horse trails, and the best golf course in the area. They also have lodging and camping but not right on the water. There are lots of beautiful cabins/houses for rent around the State Park area also if your not dead set on being right on the water. Dale Hollow is surrounded mainly by hills so you're hard pressed to find lots of actual lake cabins/houses. Most people that come rent houseboats. The previously mentioned spots are some of the few that are on the water.

I've personally never been on Lake Cumberland even though I'm this close. It's just not worth the extra drive time when I can be on one of, if not the, nicest lakes around in Dale Hollow. If you decide to come, be sure to look me up. I can show you the party coves, the peaceful coves, the slalom course, and the 40 ft cliffs if you feel like taking a plunge.

If there are any other questions I can answer, lemme know......

We definitely appreciate the insider information on all these places. I like to tent camp right on the water so I can keep the boat at the campsite. I'd go for 4-5 days so we would get some "during the week" time to get great riding in.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

You might want to steer clear of www.mountainlakemarina.com and the 2 others the Williows Group owns. The first week of June my dad had a weekend booked at there rv park with a 40' pusher. They took his booking and the rv park was not even open. Not until the got down there did the tell him this. To me that is just wrong. I can book you early for the 2010 season in out condo just let me know. It sleeps 9.

Been to Dale Hollow on average 3 times per year for the past several. Very nice, clean lake. Several of the marinas have camping facilities. I have personally seen that Star Point has a few spots right on the waters edge and there is a campground next to Sunset Marina both locations are on the east side of the lake. There is also a camping area near the dam and Cedar Hill Resort on the west end of the lake.
    Don't think you can go wrong here.
    I have also been on Center Hill Lake and have a trip planned there later this year. It is very similar to Dale Hollow and located between Knoxville and Nashville off of I-40. Take the time to research that area for campgrounds.
    Hope this helps!