Default Vdrive Through Shaft Packing Replacement?

Has anyone replaced their prop shaft packing with the new style Vdrive where the shaft going all the way through the Vdrive? I’m pretty confident mine is leaking pretty good and I need to change it and I want to have an idea of how it comes out before I start so I’m prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

The hardest part is getting the coupler off the shaft after taking the 4 bolts out.

Ask away I did this 2 years ago and help another member do this last year.
    I went with Glide. 1-1/8 shaft 4" long is stock size. You should already have the waterline going to the seal so this saves you a little money.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    The hardest part is getting the coupler off the shaft after taking the 4 bolts out.

Ask away I did this 2 years ago and help another member do this last year.
    I went with Glide. 1-1/8 shaft 4" long is stock size. You should already have the waterline going to the seal so this saves you a little money.
    So the coupler has to come off? It won’t clear the fuel tank if you pull it out forwards? I watched a guy do a G25 and there was enough space in front of the Vdrive to where the shaft just came straight out towards the front of the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Correct. Cannot come out through the front. The fuel tank amd cross brace is in the way.

I made my own coupler tool and got grade 8 bolts from tractor supply to use to pull the coupler. There is a video where a guy puts a socket between the couplers and then uses longer bolts to push the coupler off. The shaft is tapered so once it moves it will come off.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Correct. Cannot come out through the front. The fuel tank amd cross brace is in the way.

I made my own coupler tool and got grade 8 bolts from tractor supply to use to pull the coupler. There is a video where a guy puts a socket between the couplers and then uses longer bolts to push the coupler off. The shaft is tapered so once it moves it will come off.
    https://skiboatpartsonline.com/Coupl...?search=puller I found this online, a little pricey but I imagine its cheaper than taking it to the dealer and it may save me some frustration
    David

Shop around. I used to see that puller plate for $50 online.
    If you are handy and have a piece of steel you can make one in about 30 minutes.
    But yes that is the plate that makes this a 1 hour job.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow