Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Bimini

Does anyone know of any good side pulls that can be added to the A3 tower?

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

Reading Zog's question, for what its worth, you can still use the center tower tow point with the WakeShade bimini or at least we can on our Makai. The rope goes under the bimini and clears without hitting. We surf, wakeboard, and slalom with it still extended out. That was one of my major must things with an extended bimini, I didn't want to have to fold it up and down multiple times a day.
    2021 Makai

I have used the sides of the tige towers for years to pull from rather than the center. pass the rope handle through the loop at the end after passing it around one of the tower tubes. simple.
    does make some work to swap sides vs just unhooking from a tow point but it worked for us for years. took 60 seconds or so to unthread it and move it.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I have used the sides of the tige towers for years to pull from rather than the center. pass the rope handle through the loop at the end after passing it around one of the tower tubes. simple.
    does make some work to swap sides vs just unhooking from a tow point but it worked for us for years. took 60 seconds or so to unthread it and move it.
    Sounds like a good method. Now I am thinking I could just use a carabiner to do the same thing and get the quick disconnect.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

we thought about the carabiner but didn't want the metal to be banging against the tower and chip the paint. 2 of the tiges had the alpha z and those towers chipped easily.

we used ropes similar to these as the handle will fold/collapse to fit though the loop at the end to tie off to the tower leg.
    https://www.amazon.com/SWELL-Wakesur.../dp/B077GCRPH9
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Our old Tige tower was so tall it was a bit tough for everyone to change the rope, so we bought an Airhead kwik-connect to make it make it easier to change ropes. Being plastic we then bought more for side pulls on the tower. We really miss the headroom under that tower.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Shoreline Bimini on the way to me…

did a quick confirmation (they responded to my email in less than 5 minutes) on Moomba fitment with the Pro tower and if approx length was as listed on the site…. They confirmed compatibility with all Moomba models and 78” as a length give or take….

Obviously will report back on the results !
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods (aka TINRFD): 1000lb of lead and +700lb WM Bags (500lbs of more lead coming soon)

Looking at one of these options myself but my boat is a little older.

Anyone know if the S-Bend tower is strong enough to pull from the side?
    I feel the older boats and towers shake a little more and makes me not trust it.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Looking at one of these options myself but my boat is a little older.

Anyone know if the S-Bend tower is strong enough to pull from the side?
    I feel the older boats and towers shake a little more and makes me not trust it.
    I pulled from the side of my 15 OZ tower. You pull from the top, it'll be fine from the side. If you've never tightened your tower bolts, might be a good time to check them. They are under the sides at the cupholders.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I pulled from the side of my 15 OZ tower. You pull from the top, it'll be fine from the side. If you've never tightened your tower bolts, might be a good time to check them. They are under the sides at the cupholders.
    Good to hear.
    I tightened down everything last season and added a nylock to help.
    Tower is strong just wasn't sure if the lateral force would be a problem. The A3 and Pro towers just appear to be more stable.

I'll have to try side pulling and see how it goes. Would be nice to get newbies in the pocket without having to drop in.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow