Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    Any tips or tricks to get to the blue plug on the heat exchanger?

No matter how hard I tried I could not reach it through the storage locker with the panel removed.

I had to once again remove the ski locker on our 17 Supra to get to it, which adds another step.

Thoughts on always draining the transmission cooler?

Otherwise it is definitely a simple process to drain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My 18 has a plastic cover to access via the board locker when standing on the swim platform. Once I took that off years ago, I never attach all the plastic pieces back. It stays in place and makes it easy for taking off each winter.

17s do not have that?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    My 18 has a plastic cover to access via the board locker when standing on the swim platform. Once I took that off years ago, I never attach all the plastic pieces back. It stays in place and makes it easy for taking off each winter.

17s do not have that?
    It does. That’s what I meant by ski locker. I only have it attached with 2 screws now. Did you take them all out for ease?

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    It does. That’s what I meant by ski locker. I only have it attached with 2 screws now. Did you take them all out for ease?

I have it attached by a few of the screws, not all of them. If I recall, there are some SS screws and plastic ones that lock/unlock. I have some lead bags back there and a few skim boards. The area is not that big, so once that stuff gets in there, that plastic cover would not move even if the screws came out.

I think the new models have a fancier cover that protects the back of the motor.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I have it attached by a few of the screws, not all of them. If I recall, there are some SS screws and plastic ones that lock/unlock. I have some lead bags back there and a few skim boards. The area is not that big, so once that stuff gets in there, that plastic cover would not move even if the screws came out.

I think the new models have a fancier cover that protects the back of the motor.
    The gen3 SA engine panel has 5 screws but easier than the Gen2 SA with the wing nuts.

But you can’t reach the heat Exchanger plug through the ski locker, the gen3 locker is deeper. I am 6-2 and not even close to reaching it.

I have to pull all the locker dividers to reach it through the side storage locker.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Any tips/tricks on Vdrive and transmission fluid changes?
    2019 Moomba Makai
    400 Raptor
    650 lbs lead
    Wakemakers rear upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Max20 View Post
    Any tips/tricks on Vdrive and transmission fluid changes?
    Oil extractor! Only way to "easily" make it happen.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Roger that. Anyone have opinions on oils for each….I realize that could be a Pandora’s box question
    2019 Moomba Makai
    400 Raptor
    650 lbs lead
    Wakemakers rear upgrade

I wouldn't overthink the fluids. Personally I use a full synthetic ATF 3/Mercon for transmission and Full Synthetic SAE 50 for V drive.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I ordered the Mobil Delvac SAE 50. Gallon was $60 so good for awhile. The transmission I used whatever the sticker said. As for brand, I may have use Mobil also. Just stick to something that meets or exceeds standards. I use all synthetic because these machines have loads everytime they are started.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Thanks folks, appreciate your opinions
    2019 Moomba Makai
    400 Raptor
    650 lbs lead
    Wakemakers rear upgrade