Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Now that the OP has made his choice on the black max, let get to the issue

totally disagree with your thinking on the surf waves .

The T23 outscored the mojo pro and the Supra SE in wave height and push . at the Southern surf fest 2017 ( www.southernsurffest.com) for results. FWIW the t23 was a 16 vs 17s and no wedge was deployed 750 in rears . fit and finish the supra and mojo I would give the edge but the results we mojo 8 , t23 7 and supra SE 6 . 10 boats 40 regular joes surfing them all weekend . the point isn't which boat is better , cuz we could argue this all day . The OP wanted opinions the on the A24 with the GM block obviously engine does not seemed to be and issue now. Whoever had you in a 23lsv obviously didn't set it up right . I rode the Bu lsv and SE back to back all day one day and very similar . except one is 23 ft the other 24.5 guess we need to compare apples to apples then .

Don't get me wrong , moombas are great many aspects and it all what you want in a boat , but don't chime in with false info just for the cause give the man perspective.

FWIW I would be in an SC product if they gave a rats behind about the Northeast over the last 5 years.

rant over
    I would also say there is no "cause" here I am fighting for. I call a spade a spade. I have owned a Tige, an MB F24, and now a Supra SE in the past 3 years. If it makes the wave, I am interested. Very well could be an Ri, heck even a 24MXZ next year if they deliver the goods. That all I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Well, thanks for your rant! You and almost nobody I have ever met that has surfed a great variety of DIALED surf boats agrees with your assessment, save for maybe the 24 MXZ being significantly better than any other Malibu/Axis offering to date. Like I said, I have not surfed the new one.

As far as the 23LSV we we have being set up correctly--since there is really only one way to set up a 2017 LSV with PNP, I am pretty sure we had it set up correctly during the 50-60 hours we surfed it last summer. The owner would agree with the assessment of its wave quality, BTW. He worked very closely with the folks at Minnesota Inboards to set the boat up and operate it correctly. They are the largest Malibu dealer in the nation if I am not mistaken. Not that it matters really, because you fill the ballast, deploy the wedge, set the speed and push the throttle. Not much to adjust there. We would make the wave as steep as possible until the motor could not longer pull it. The wave is great, clean, but man alive its not even close to the SE wave we make.

As far as some surf festival producing reliable data, thats all fine and good if all the boats are set up optimally. There is no information on the Supra setup. Since the Malibu and Axis offerings are the easiest and simplest to set up, I would expect their waves to be very consistent. The Supra is trickier, no question. They Supra also needs MORE WEIGHT. A LOT MORE WEIGHT. Same with Moomba offerings. That's actually a knock on it if you ask me--but it can handle the weight. You cannot dial a Malibu to that extent because eventually the water washes over the gates and all hell breaks loose. Not to mention the motor being unable to pull it after a certain level. But man, if you think a dialed SE and a 23LSV have the same waves you are smoking some extremely good peyote. And, bring some to SDakota and I will take you surfing behind my SE and we can smoke some more!

Why in the heck would I chime in with false information? The 23LSV is very ok, the A24 of older generation was not great. Thats basically what I said. The MAX looks to be VERY promising.

If you find out how that SE was set up at the vaunted Southern Surf Fest, let me know. I cannot find in all the videos, writeups, website.
    I rode the SE that SC ran in the PWT set up by very knowledgeable factory rep and one of their pro riders for two days back to back with a lsv set up by their pro and the local rep sad to say the lsv took the cake if you are talking just wave.

I also know a thing or two about Moombas and nothing in the Moomba line (wave only) touches a t23. However I have zero experience wiht the Max. The one I saw on land was massive!!! I’m guessing set up correctly the wave is probably killer.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    I rode the SE that SC ran in the PWT set up by very knowledgeable factory rep and one of their pro riders for two days back to back with a lsv set up by their pro and the local rep sad to say the lsv took the cake if you are talking just wave.

I also know a thing or two about Moombas and nothing in the Moomba line (wave only) touches a t23. However I have zero experience wiht the Max. The one I saw on land was massive!!! I’m guessing set up correctly the wave is probably killer.
    Is that stock board or Parker surfcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post

Pro Wakeboarding Tour?

Maybe this might be a useful angle to discuss:

Did that PWT SE have 1280# rear sacs and 850# in lead? No. Is that what it takes? Yes. Is the wave unreal? Yes. And, the boat LOVES it. The more weight the merrier.

I am talking dialed, fellas. SLAMMED. Not factory. I would agree with you, factory to factory the LSV likely wins. Dialed and slammed to the hills the SE wins.

Maybe that context is useful to the discussion. Since everyone gets more weight if they’re serious about surfing.

Now the MAX we are discussing? Same story. Doesn’t crush it until you slam it. I am talking SLAMMED. The Supras can take the slamming and still improve, where surfgated boats stop at the point the wash over is too much. Factory they’re great, but their ultimate ceiling is lower.

Maybe that resonates? Or I live on the moon and was out of my gourd all last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pwt uses the SA, not the SE.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Pwt uses the SA, not the SE.
    Good call!

https://www.wakeboardingmag.com/pwt-...a-boats-sa-550

Not Supra’s strongest surfer. Good not great. Slammed it gets pretty darned good.

Well, they did use the SE in 15 but it was the 16 model with Swell 2.0.. I think all the waves are fun. But let's not forget, this things throw amazing wakes for boarding! Lol
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Good call!

https://www.wakeboardingmag.com/pwt-...a-boats-sa-550

Not Supra’s strongest surfer. Good not great. Slammed it gets pretty darned good.

Better check your info..... I’d focus on ‘15. Look close at the pics it has a lot of ‘16 features. First SC PWT boat was a SE. After SA redesign they switched.
    '13 Mojo

Ha got me there.

It was the Supra Pros day one board. Sweet stick. Check them out they are back on their own (no inland surfer) and make some sweet boards.
    '13 Mojo

Pro Wakeboarding Tour?

Maybe this might be a useful angle to discuss:

Did that PWT SE have 1280# rear sacs and 850# in lead? No. Is that what it takes? Yes. Is the wave unreal? Yes. And, the boat LOVES it. The more weight the merrier.

I am talking dialed, fellas. SLAMMED. Not factory. I would agree with you, factory to factory the LSV likely wins. Dialed and slammed to the hills the SE wins.

Maybe that context is useful to the discussion. Since everyone gets more weight if they’re serious about surfing.

Now the MAX we are discussing? Same story. Doesn’t crush it until you slam it. I am talking SLAMMED. The Supras can take the slamming and still improve, where surfgated boats stop at the point the wash over is too much. Factory they’re great, but their ultimate ceiling is lower.

Maybe that resonates? Or I live on the moon and was out of my gourd all last summer.

Hoping to ride some Supras with 6k in ballast this summer. I know a guy that knows a guy. Super stoked. Hope to have my mind blown. Trust me I want SC to be the best!
    '13 Mojo