A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Black would be my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

The black one looks good. Have you demo'd the mojo and max on the water? I thought the storage in the max was huuuuge!

Default Help! After 10 years with the Moomba leaning towards a new Axis A24

I have actually never been on (or surfed behind) a newer wake boat in the water. The best wave I’ve ridden is behind my little obv so I’m anxious to say the least.

Still negotiating an out the door price and he’s not moving much under the price on moomba.com boat builder (which doesn’t include freight/prep/rigging/tax/registration/etc). I got him to throw in windshield tint and working on some rev10s but we will see.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

*an out the door price of just under the boat builder price which is about $5200 off the dealerships msrp
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I haven't bought new, but this is a tough time to get a great deal since the summer is right around the corner. If you love the boat and you can get a price you're happy with go for it!! The dealer probably has a bit more leverage on their side, but if they are a good dealer they will make you happy and meet their needs as well, at least I would hope. Good luck!

Most of the leftover 2017s are gone at most dealers. You can find some deals on those.

Boat show deals are gone and dealers are getting into summer mode with everyone getting boats out of storage.

They do not want to be sitting on inventory, so make a fair offer to get your price and keep on them.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by ky_coop View Post
    Maybe moomba will drop a 24ft boat for 2019. I've heard some new stuff is coming

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    should have done this along time ago and make it 102 inch beam.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I have ridden the best a 2017 23LSV could throw, and it’s not crazy. I have NOT ridden the new A24, just the older one. So I can’t judge the newest, but the old was not good.

Anyway, these things can be argued all day. I have a Supra SE, which is incredible, and I really suspect the Max comes very close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now that the OP has made his choice on the black max, let get to the issue

totally disagree with your thinking on the surf waves .

The T23 outscored the mojo pro and the Supra SE in wave height and push . at the Southern surf fest 2017 ( www.southernsurffest.com) for results. FWIW the t23 was a 16 vs 17s and no wedge was deployed 750 in rears . fit and finish the supra and mojo I would give the edge but the results we mojo 8 , t23 7 and supra SE 6 . 10 boats 40 regular joes surfing them all weekend . the point isn't which boat is better , cuz we could argue this all day . The OP wanted opinions the on the A24 with the GM block obviously engine does not seemed to be and issue now. Whoever had you in a 23lsv obviously didn't set it up right . I rode the Bu lsv and SE back to back all day one day and very similar . except one is 23 ft the other 24.5 guess we need to compare apples to apples then .

Don't get me wrong , moombas are great many aspects and it all what you want in a boat , but don't chime in with false info just for the cause give the man perspective.

FWIW I would be in an SC product if they gave a rats behind about the Northeast over the last 5 years.

rant over

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Now that the OP has made his choice on the black max, let get to the issue

totally disagree with your thinking on the surf waves .

The T23 outscored the mojo pro and the Supra SE in wave height and push . at the Southern surf fest 2017 ( www.southernsurffest.com) for results. FWIW the t23 was a 16 vs 17s and no wedge was deployed 750 in rears . fit and finish the supra and mojo I would give the edge but the results we mojo 8 , t23 7 and supra SE 6 . 10 boats 40 regular joes surfing them all weekend . the point isn't which boat is better , cuz we could argue this all day . The OP wanted opinions the on the A24 with the GM block obviously engine does not seemed to be and issue now. Whoever had you in a 23lsv obviously didn't set it up right . I rode the Bu lsv and SE back to back all day one day and very similar . except one is 23 ft the other 24.5 guess we need to compare apples to apples then .

Don't get me wrong , moombas are great many aspects and it all what you want in a boat , but don't chime in with false info just for the cause give the man perspective.

FWIW I would be in an SC product if they gave a rats behind about the Northeast over the last 5 years.

rant over
    Well, thanks for your rant! You and almost nobody I have ever met that has surfed a great variety of DIALED surf boats agrees with your assessment, save for maybe the 24 MXZ being significantly better than any other Malibu/Axis offering to date. Like I said, I have not surfed the new one.

As far as the 23LSV we we have being set up correctly--since there is really only one way to set up a 2017 LSV with PNP, I am pretty sure we had it set up correctly during the 50-60 hours we surfed it last summer. The owner would agree with the assessment of its wave quality, BTW. He worked very closely with the folks at Minnesota Inboards to set the boat up and operate it correctly. They are the largest Malibu dealer in the nation if I am not mistaken. Not that it matters really, because you fill the ballast, deploy the wedge, set the speed and push the throttle. Not much to adjust there. We would make the wave as steep as possible until the motor could not longer pull it. The wave is great, clean, but man alive its not even close to the SE wave we make.

As far as some surf festival producing reliable data, thats all fine and good if all the boats are set up optimally. There is no information on the Supra setup. Since the Malibu and Axis offerings are the easiest and simplest to set up, I would expect their waves to be very consistent. The Supra is trickier, no question. They Supra also needs MORE WEIGHT. A LOT MORE WEIGHT. Same with Moomba offerings. That's actually a knock on it if you ask me--but it can handle the weight. You cannot dial a Malibu to that extent because eventually the water washes over the gates and all hell breaks loose. Not to mention the motor being unable to pull it after a certain level. But man, if you think a dialed SE and a 23LSV have the same waves you are smoking some extremely good peyote. And, bring some to SDakota and I will take you surfing behind my SE and we can smoke some more!

Why in the heck would I chime in with false information? The 23LSV is very ok, the A24 of older generation was not great. Thats basically what I said. The MAX looks to be VERY promising.

If you find out how that SE was set up at the vaunted Southern Surf Fest, let me know. I cannot find in all the videos, writeups, website.