Quote Originally Posted by okedoky View Post
Hello guys, I'm jumping in here cause its about the most relevant. New to me(2 weeks) 2006 XLV with GGIII factory setup, 750lb in front and 400s in the the rears? I am looking to upgrade in fairly simple fashion. 1) Is there a max ballast weight that is safe ?? 2) How does this sound for a simple upgrade, 1100s or 1140s added to the left and right rear and then using the factory bag added to port side ski compartment and hooked up to an existing pump with a T in the fill and drain lines. I know this wont be a super fast system but does it seems do-able? Thanks!! any other newbie advice always welcome
1100s should work. On those hulls, you get to a point where the bag will not totally fill. I had std GG bags then went to 1100s on each side.
I use the orig bags for extra ballast if I do not have many people on the boat.
Use a suck-gate on the opposite surf-side.

The std pumps will be slow. They will work, but you will be waiting. Short-term options you may consider is the Fly High Tsunami Pump System that plugs in the cig lighter for power. You could have the one bag filling up with the existing boat system. Then use the portable pump system on the other bag.