Hybrid View

Ok so a couple reasons I didn't want to post the supplier. I didn't want anybody getting biased for or against the product. I also wanted to see how it installed and form an opinion during the install. I can say that at this point I am very impressed with the quality of the product. It is a full 1/4" thick all the way around. It is super comfortable on the feet and the 3m adhesive backing is no joke. I love the diamonds but I do believe the lines will hold up a lot longer. The only reason being that with all the points on the diamonds there are a lot more chances to pull them up or tear them. Same quality just more small points to fail. That being said I am very happy with the install. It doesn't have to be as hard as I made it, but I wanted the routered edges and two textures. That's on me. Nick who has snap in carpet who used it as a template and had it done in a weekend. My biggest hold up was around the ice chest and under the helm. That is my boat and I would have had to deal with those areas if I had gone with the big guys too.

I cannot say how it will hold up over time, but I would be surprised if it doesn't do well. The supplier is http://www.marinedeckfactory.com.

They are in China. They were great to work with. Answered every question I had and the product was at my door 2 weeks after I ordered it via UPS. Nick also got his product in 2 weeks. They have many color options. Hope this helps some of you guys. I'm only half way finished. I still have the swim step and gunwale pads this season and under my seats and lockers next fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperryd View Post
    Ok so a couple reasons I didn't want to post the supplier. I didn't want anybody getting biased for or against the product. I also wanted to see how it installed and form an opinion during the install. I can say that at this point I am very impressed with the quality of the product. It is a full 1/4" thick all the way around. It is super comfortable on the feet and the 3m adhesive backing is no joke. I love the diamonds but I do believe the lines will hold up a lot longer. The only reason being that with all the points on the diamonds there are a lot more chances to pull them up or tear them. Same quality just more small points to fail. That being said I am very happy with the install. It doesn't have to be as hard as I made it, but I wanted the routered edges and two textures. That's on me. Nick who has snap in carpet who used it as a template and had it done in a weekend. My biggest hold up was around the ice chest and under the helm. That is my boat and I would have had to deal with those areas if I had gone with the big guys too.

I cannot say how it will hold up over time, but I would be surprised if it doesn't do well. The supplier is http://www.marinedeckfactory.com.

They are in China. They were great to work with. Answered every question I had and the product was at my door 2 weeks after I ordered it via UPS. Nick also got his product in 2 weeks. They have many color options. Hope this helps some of you guys. I'm only half way finished. I still have the swim step and gunwale pads this season and under my seats and lockers next fall.
    Annoying that they don't have prices on their website. Do you have prices for the various sheet sizes?

I did Hydroturf on my boat for about $40 for a 40x62" sheet. It took 4 sheets (and I had material left over) and with discounts and shipping, I was $168 all in. I did have to buy the contact cement, but that wasn't too bad.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Annoying that they don't have prices on their website. Do you have prices for the various sheet sizes?

I did Hydroturf on my boat for about $40 for a 40x62" sheet. It took 4 sheets (and I had material left over) and with discounts and shipping, I was $168 all in. I did have to buy the contact cement, but that wasn't too bad.
    With shipping is comes out to around 70 a sheet. The lines are 90"x35" and the diamonds are 74"x27". The diamonds are a little less because of size. There is a 5 sheet minimum. For comparison, to do what you see so far in my cabin area, it was about 1.5 sheets of each. So you could do the cabin, swim step and gunwale pads for the $350 minimum order of lines, if you just did lines. I bought 5 sheets of lines and 4 sheets of diamonds to do under the seats and lockers as well. Cost $510 shipped.

I originally ordered from Agendasurf.com, who is a division of hydro turf. They do carry the hydroturf style decking, but the two tone faux teak was quite a bit more. They were twice the price of what I got and out of stock for a month. I also had them send samples. It was nice but I got a refund because they didn't know when it would be in stock.
    When my flooring came in I was very impressed with it. I was hoping it would be as good as the Agenda samples that I had. It was much nicer and thicker even though both were listed as 6mm. I would still recommend the Agenda if you only need a sheet or two. You have to order 5 sheets min from those guys.

I started the swim step today. I had a couple of hours to work on it. I got the pad off in one piece with some help from a neighbor who had a windshield removal tool. Having the pad in one piece saved a ton of time when making the wood template. It did however leave all of the glue behind. The deck glue was way harder to remove than the carpet glue. Using paint thinner and a scraper I finally got it all off. It's ready for me to cut the decking tomorrow IMG_1901.jpgIMG_1906.jpgIMG_1907.jpgIMG_1910.jpgIMG_1908.jpg

Alright, I'm really starting to dig this project. All of the big pieces are done for this phase. Just a few more smaller pieces and it's time for the lake!!
    IMG_1916.jpgIMG_1921.jpgIMG_1922.jpgIMG_1925.jpgIMG_1924.jpg

Finshing up some of the smaller pieces.
    IMG_1978.jpg
    IMG_1992.jpgIMG_1993.jpgIMG_1994.jpgIMG_1995.jpg

Finally got the ice chest done. I could pistol whip the MB employee who put that in! I'm worn out...
    IMG_1975.jpg
    IMG_1976.jpgIMG_1977.jpg