Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have found that you can do just about everything mentioned above and you will still have mold if your boat is not 100% dry before putting it in storage....Make sure every drop of water is out of the boat and add a couple desticant bags and you will be fine.

Your cushions are made of foam so they are like big sponges so it looks like the boat is dry but there is moisture trapped under the vinyl. You have to have air flow to keep removing this moisture as it releases over time or you will get mold/mildew.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    Make sure every drop of water is out of the boat and add a couple desticant bags and you will be fine.
    ive heard of using the old school style knee high tube socks filed with kitty litter will work--no personal experience with it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Gotta be dry before tucking it away or it'll just fester when the conditions are right.

I use 2 portable can lights with 60 watt bulbs - one under the engine, one up toward the front of the cabin. Have one of those cutesy little overpriced airflow fans (earlier in the thread) up near the bow. And a good old 20" box fan in the main cabin on high. I used to pull all the cushions and keep them in dry storage but the last couple years have left them in, but prop them up with a pool noodle chunk to keep a gap for air circulation into the storage areas.

Since getting all new upholstery and carpet I've been extra paranoid about keeping it looking new and this little combination has worked for me. No dry-eze buckets or cat litter. Just a continuous windstorm with a little heat under my cover.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I finally took the cover off the boat after a crazy winter. For the first time ever after storage it didn't smell moldy and there was no visible mold at all on the vinyl. The two Damp Rid containers are about half way full. The only change I made this year was adding the West marine air dryer http://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-m...0v-ac--7867518
    After seeing this I will have to say it made all the difference and seems to have solved my problems. Winter isn't over but I am not worried about nastiness forming in the boat during storage. Keeping that air moving made a lot of difference.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap