Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post

Added some hydro today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That really looks sweet. Maybe it is my eyes but is the one section installed in the wrong direction?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    That really looks sweet. Maybe it is my eyes but is the one section installed in the wrong direction?
    Dangit! You were not supposed to bring that up. Yes it is. I didn't notice it until it was to late. And I did not have enough material left to correct. I suppose I'll fix it at some point. Going to give it some time to see what kind of wear we get from the Hydro. My wife thought I was just trying to break up the pattern....
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Default Re: Replacing carpeted flooring with HydroTruf?

I think it looks better, breaks it up otherwise it's one long continuous line..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I'd say that is by design - braille system to help you find your way back to the driver's seat after the booze cruise or when it's REALLY dark.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

So did you cut all of those pieces by hand or did you have someone do it? And what did you replace, carpet? Really looks great. I wish I had white floors under my carpet and I would do that in a heart beat.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Well after putting down two coats of bed liner in the rear lockers I didn't like how it looked with all weird dents and bumps on the floor. So I just used the rest of my hydro and put a strip in the middle to kind of break it up. All most done just need some trim and after putting the engine doors back in I'll be all done and ready for the season.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

smorris - I vote leave it as is. I think it looks great, and agree that it breaks up the pattern nicely.

Any feedback on if the hydroturf gets hot? My grey carpet gets super hot in the summers, so i would look into this if it doesn't.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    So did you cut all of those pieces by hand or did you have someone do it? And what did you replace, carpet? Really looks great. I wish I had white floors under my carpet and I would do that in a heart beat.
    Replaced my snap in carpet. Yes, I cut each piece with an exacto knife. Made my patterns out of white banner paper. Thanks
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by Beejwest View Post
    This thread has sealed it. I want Hydroturf. Hate the carpet, all of it. I've already done my lockers with roll in bedliner, here is the write up on that if you're curious; https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....re-wet-lockers

So just to do the interior and cockpit floors, not the rear bench or cupholder areas, how many sheets of the diamond stuff do I need to order? I like the color Trayson used, as my carpet is that Moomba grey too. The grey Hydro should look perfect. And can someone throw up the link to the site again to the sheets of turf?
    www.pwcmuscle.com probably going to have to talk to Derek if you want the b-stock diamond molded like I used. ask for the 15% discount.

I don't know how many sheets. I used less because I have a playpen bow. I have only used 3 so far to do my boat. But I ordered 4 as I'm going to do a little more.

I was lucky and able to get the full 40" x 62" on my sheets. Do you measurements and take into consideration the extra you'll need to wrap around the side and bottoms of the panels.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    smorris - I vote leave it as is. I think it looks great, and agree that it breaks up the pattern nicely.

Any feedback on if the hydroturf gets hot? My grey carpet gets super hot in the summers, so i would look into this if it doesn't.
    My carpet got hot also. Don't think the hydro will be as bad. I'll let you know come July! I know the Sea Deck doesn't really get hot so I would assume Hydro is the same.
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs