Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
I've been wondering about adding bags when we add a trailer or 5th wheel to the mix - guess I'll have to wait and see. I may be sitting too high for a 5er.

Couple updates - new toyos, dual steer stabilizer, tinted front glass to match the rest. I've had a new touchscreen DVD HU, amp, backup cam, etc. sitting in the garage since October waiting to go in. Waiting for a non-busy, dry, semi warm weekend that is...

BERG,
Never too high for a 5'er - JK. Really depends on trailer and truck. Alot of trailers come pretty high as it is and might not need much modification other than adjustments on the hitch. There is usually a good couple inches of adjustment on them (at least my B&W there is).
Air bags are a must imo if your going to be doing some heavy hauling/towing. I added them when I was pulling our 26ft. bumper pull and it helped alot. With 6" lift on the Duramax I did have to lift the fifth wheel as you know and go with a full travel air bag set-up from Cognito as standard factory size kit wasn't gonna work.