Quote Originally Posted by jbschmoll View Post
I am looking to buy a mobius. My question is there a significant difference in the 2005 and 2006. The 2005 has more options with and I believe the upholstery is in better shape. I heard that the hull was redesigned in 2006 and was wondering if I would be better off going with the year newer. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Quote Originally Posted by jbschmoll View Post
One more question. The lsv i am looking it is a 2006, but there is also an 2009 outback v for just a bit more price. Just want to get feedback on what people would choose. I am a first time inboard owner and want to make a good choice. Thanks for all of the input.
The LSV was redesigned in 2006 and is 21'-6" vs 20'-8" in 2005. It also has more freeboard. The 2005 LSV became the Outback V in 2006. The 2009 Outback V is less than 20' so it is smaller still.

The 2006+ LSV is "just right" in my opinion as far as size goes. It was the best selling wakeboard boat model bar none a few years ago so it's a popular size.

I was shopping used boats in 2006 but ended up buying new because of the changes they made to the LSV in 2006.

You have to look at each boat and sit in them and take them out for a drive to figure out which is right for you.

Remember that IN GENERAL, a longer boat will be roomier but also heavier so you have to go faster to get a clean wake, not necessarily a good thing for younger riders or beginners.

Good luck!