Ya my question originated trying to better understand what more you got and how much it cost between the two. And to the poster who commented that a family on an older boat does not have less fun then a family on a newer boat I can't agree more.

Up until this year we spent all our time at the lake crammed On my other sister and brother in laws 94 prostar 205 and had as much fun as anyone on the lake. Infact as excited as I am for my first season with my boat I am concerned that with the family going from one boats to 3 in one year that we may not be "forced" to be crammed on the boat together.

I do understand some people just buy the "nicer" boat because that is what they want even if it makes no practical sense.. I did the exact same thing I could have spent 15-20 k less for a few years older boat with a smaller motor and instead bought a DD With 98 hours on it and a ZR 409 just because I wanted to. There is no other rational basis to spend what I did for how the boat will be used, I just wanted it. I almost wish I would have found a different boat before I ran into the one I did I would have been more then happy with it but once I saw the boat I have now there was no going back.