Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lancesaville View Post
    I would have given him the phrase that half of all x-star owners fear - "So let's see you wakeboard behind that x-star."
    I'm not sure the guy's fitness level would permit him even to tube behind his X star LOL and I'm not here to trash other makes but when I looked at an 08 X-1 I certainly couldn't find the $18K difference anywhere. In fact he asked me how deep it was because his didn't even have a depth gauge.

So this thread wandered a bit, but with some new blood on the block, go back an read the first post on this thread and see if you can add anything of interest.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    I had a close call last year. Surfing behind my boat having a good time on a long weekend (water was terrible so no wakeboarding just surfing). At the end I take the rope, cut out heel side charge the surf wave and just do a dive in head first. I copme up to see a Seadooer coming at me at 40 mph. he was so stupid or drunk he didn't even notice I jumped off and rode right over me. At the last second I went under the water and kinda ducked to the side just out of the way. literally inches from dying. Inches!

had basically the same thing happen last year to my 10yr old daughter--kid on a waverunner. Afterwards Im yelling at him as loud as i can for a good 10 minutes while he just sits there listning. if the lake level was higher i would have followed him home at let his parents know what had happen, but he lived on the other side of a shallow spot and i could not get thru. For about the next 6 months it was almost imposible to get her back surfing.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I was on a four sided dock in Idaho when a family drove too close to the dock and the little boy on skis slammed into the dock. His leg was cut really bad so we wrapped his leg in their towels and sent them on their way. It would take at least an hour to the nearest launch plus another hour for an ambulance (no phone coverage here) and I talked to the Ranger the next day and he survived the ordeal.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I was on a four sided dock in Idaho when a family drove too close to the dock and the little boy on skis slammed into the dock. His leg was cut really bad so we wrapped his leg in their towels and sent them on their way. It would take at least an hour to the nearest launch plus another hour for an ambulance (no phone coverage here) and I talked to the Ranger the next day and he survived the ordeal.
    Ouch, what the heck were they thinking!

Rather than start a new thread - just bumping this one.

Anyone have any additional stupid stunts to add?
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Something must have prompted you to re-fire this thread. OK, give it up.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    had basically the same thing happen last year to my 10yr old daughter--kid on a waverunner. Afterwards Im yelling at him as loud as i can for a good 10 minutes while he just sits there listning. if the lake level was higher i would have followed him home at let his parents know what had happen, but he lived on the other side of a shallow spot and i could not get thru. For about the next 6 months it was almost imposible to get her back surfing.
    No joke, I keep a paintball gun on board. I have used it. Had a guy within 10 feet of the boat last weekend, beer in hand on a Sea Doo RXP. I bet paintballs dont feel good on wet skin. I lit his a$$ up.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

^just be careful. 2 wrongs don't make a right, and never know when one of those jetskiers decide to press assault charges..

wish they were banned in some areas
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The dumbest thing I've ever witnessed is an orange white and black tige running over the back of my boat going 20 mph.
    Nate