Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

You know you have better photo's on here then on facebook. Did they give you a time on when you will be up on the water again? I also have a good saying for you.

Sticks and stones will break my bones but it is the doctor who really hurts me.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

best wishes for a speedy recovery Ian!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Ian, I gotta know...

I presume your dad shot the pix...as your being rolled thru the hospital did you guys have this conversation,

"Ian, I'll take some shots and we can post these photos on the Moomba forum ASAP!"

Hope your feeling better. Give us an update when you can.
    Actually, Lauras family owns a cottage on Torch Lake, so we are here with her family. Her dad was driving my boat while I was (attempting to) ski. Laura was on land bringing the trailer around so we could pull the boat for the night (1 lift, 2 boats). When we got to the dock the only thing I could say between my muscle spasms was "Laur, take some pics of this...". The EMTs thought I was insane, as did everyone else, lol.

So, I got out of the hospital Thursday and have been crutching around since. Still at the lake house, still using the boat (got 2 first timers up on the wakeboard!) I think I might be bionic, as my knee is still really swollen and I have a bruise the size of Texas, but it doesn't hurt at all. I'm anxious to get back home and get the MRI and hear a timeline for recovery. I think it will be pretty fast, gauging on how I'm doing so far.
    2013 Outback V

And thanksfor all the well wishes and stories, I really appreciate it! It definately helps knowing lots of people do this and get back into it after injury.
    2013 Outback V

Hey Coolie! Glad to hear you have your chin up and eyes toward the future. Good that you are able to get in the boat and help new boarders. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

sucks to hear. as I recreate this weekend, I'll raise the moomba coolie in a quick moment of silence hoping for a speedy recovery..

on the flip side, you could take the quiet time to dream up some more moomba swag to peddle
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

How you doing brotha? Hope you feeling better. I poured a little beer out for you, but my instinctive reaction was to catch it with my mouth.
    Hey it was the thought that counts... right?
    Get better soon, maybe find someone with an airchair so you can get on the water.

PWI as usual...

LOL!

Well, the first doctor I've seen since I got home was pretty confident that I have damaged just about every ligament and anything else of importance in my right knee, without even having the MRI. I'm going on Saturday for the MRI, and will know then.
    2013 Outback V

You are alive! So don't fret on how bad it is! The quickest way to recovery is to be positive! I know I will see pictures of you skiing next summer!!!

Yep! I agree! The reality was I am pretty lucky to have feeling in my leg. The reason why I had to stay in the hospital over night was becuase they couldn't find a pulse in my foot. Finally after about 15 hours it came back, very faint on a dopler (sp?). I'm definately looking forward to my next session, whenever it may be! I think I see a drysuit and some winter runs in my future, lol.
    2013 Outback V