Threaded View

Default A VERY bad day on the lake!

First off, and most importantly, no one was hurt and everyone is just fine who was involved in this. We were at Lake Powell over the weekend down a canyon having lunch and chilling. We were getting ready to start heading back up the canyon to the main channel when a nice Mastercraft came past us (6-7 guys in it ). Within 1-2 minutes of passing us I gave it some gas and started heading off. Immediately someone in my boat yelled and pointed up about 500 yards and all we could see was a huge ball of fire and black smoke everywhere. I booked it as fast as i could go up canyon. There were 3 guys swimming away from the boat and a few more swimming to the rocks. They immediately said that everyone was ok and no one was hurt. They climbed on our boat and we checked everyone out. They said that they all of the sudden heard a loud bang and turned around to see the whole engine compartment engulfed in flames. They grabbed life vests and jumped off and started swimming as fast as they could. Absolutely incredible to see this entire boat engulfed in flames and burning. The tower completely melted and the fiberglass just burned and burned and burned. It was unbelievable to see this happen in person. BE SAFE OUT THERE EVERYONE!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190