Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
newer moombas had tabs for a "surf system". that is what I was referring to. some were manual to set and some have actuators. the mondo I have surfed didn't have any tabs on the back. it was listed.
he replaced the rear sacs with upgrades and added an IBS in the front that iirc is piggybacked off the front bag. still only have 3 switches.
at the time this was the recommended road map to get a good surf wave out of the mondo. others might be able to steer toward midship bags under seats and the such based on your boat being a touch newer.
Gotcha. Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, our 2017 Mondo has the actuated surf tabs so we do that going for us.

I mentioned the P5 boards to one of the guys who was surfing with us (the one who is very animated in the video). He plans on buying two P5 boards - haha - so hopefully we'll get a chance to see how much faster, these different boards can be.

We got some more time on the water this past weekend. Relatively calm. More or less the same setup. Four-guy-surf session. Left the ladies and kids in the other two boats in the cove. The wave road pretty well and I was able to stay in the pocket a bit longer. If I messed up a turn or something, however, I would lose the wave. Turns out, while I was surfing, AutoWake had dumped a bunch of water out of the surf side and the front - still not sure why. These two runs were without optimum ballast, apparently. After these runs, when the camera was out of memory, we filled all the bags to 100%, turned AW off and made sure the big guys sat on the surf side.