Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
They actually told you the local dealer is not obligated to service the boat..You mean provide warranty repairs? Any dealer turning away service work is an idiot.

Regarding warranty- there are laws regulating (protecting customers) (Magnuson-Moss) and so I would be surprised if any dealer would/could refuse to perform warranty service. Dealers get paid to perform warranty anyways, so again why would a local dealer turn you away?

What if you move out of state..the new local dealer has the right to refuse to perform warranty on your boat? What of you moved across the country..

My point is, whoever you talked to at S.C. is misinformed...
Regional Sales Manager for the Northwest.

Now then... that does NOT mean they will not service your boat. It means they are NOT OBLIGATED to do so (yes warranty repairs.) And yes, dealerships would be dumb not too. I mean factory Pay? C'mon. But having said that, if there are 10 loyal customers with boats that need to be serviced, I would think they get in before you do if you don't buy from them which would make perfect sense. SC also wants to ensure their Customers are locally supported which is where this gray area all starts. I think the support model on boats is a bit different than say a car. With that said, that is why SC would prefer you buy local. (at least this is way I understood the conversation I had.)