My boat lift situation requires that I lower my tower in order to get in and out. I have an 07 Outback V and when I fold my tower it fold forward toward the bow. As I was hand pushiing the boat out the driver side leg of my tower hooked on a dock post. The momentum of the boat was too much for me to stop the collision. When I tried to place the bolts into the tower the driver side leg is now 1/2" off and I could not push the leg into place to fit the bolt through. I tried with all of my might plus used a rubber mallet to try and hammer the aluminum tube back to place. It did nothing. I even wrapped the tip of the leg in a leather chore glove then placed a large pipe wrentch on the tip to try and bend it back. NOTHING. Eventually I get get a large nylong tarp strap/ come-a-long to help me. I was able to get the the tower bolt through and we had a great day on the water. However at the end of the day when I had to remove the bolts and fold up the tower the drivers side leg is still bent. Can I take the come-a-long and try to over bend or will this end in larger disaster?

Thanks, Matt.