Threaded View

Default Everybody please use your engine blower!!

I will admit i've only used the blower in my boat a couple times since i bought it last year. But after what I witnessed a Lake Texoma on Saturday at Pappys Marina, I'll be turning it on everytime before starting.

As we were leaving Pappys Marina with some friends, I hear a loud pop. I turned immediately around and see a boat exploding at the dock!! We immediately turned around and see a man, girl and dog in the water. They had been blown off the boat by the explosion. Probably the rear third of the boat had been blown to bits. We had heard that 2 guys were standing on the back when it exploded. Sent one guy as high as the roof of the marina!!

We heard later that the owner was having carb issues and had just filled up at the marina. Went to start it and it exploded. Guessing by the size of the boat, probably had at least a 100 gallon tank (don't know if they topped it off). Soon as the flames started up, the fiberglass went up like it was straw. We could see the boat melting before us. A few of the dock workers jumped in a boat and were able to toss a line with an anchor on it and pulled it out to deeper water and out of the marina.

Luckily nobody died but a few of the folks were seriously injured.

My wife managed to get video seconds after it exploded. (I have to chop the video down, youtube rejected it said it was to long. But will post as soon as I shrink it down)

I took a pic of the boat that tried to push it out into the marina. That boat immediately caught on fire as he tried to push the flaming boat out. And I got a pic of whats left of the boat.

2012-09-01 18.12.17.jpg2012-09-02 16.00.42.jpg
    Last edited by Clamcakes; 09-03-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    2009 LSV Liquid Force Edition
    - Gravity III - Upgraded 900lb rear locker
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - Polk MM6501UM - Kicker IX500.4
    - Kicker CompVX 12" - Kicker IX1000.1
    - Pair Wetsounds Rev 10s - JL Audio HD750/1
    - RGB LEDs