Ok, after being without a boat for a few years the wife and I decided to purchase again. After look at the competition, we settled on an Outback V 12'. The fit, finish, and overall workmanship on the boat is much better than my 04 mobius ls. Although we really liked that boat.
Picked it up on Saturday on put it in the water on Sunday. After cruising around, rode up to a local marina. We entered the no wake zone and began to idle through to the restaurant. But, I noticed that the check engine light started to flash and quickly checked my gages. I found the temp was running above 180. Maybe around 200. I put the boat into neutral turned it off. once it cooled down we bagan back out into the lake to head back to the ramp. But it started flashing again. I noticed the temp was high, but it began to fall and the light stopped flashing again. It did this several times before getting out of the no wake zone. Once we got out and we got under way(around 2000 rpm) the temp stayed around 160. But when we started to idle again it would raise again. Sometimes the check light flashed sometimes not.
Never had this come up on my Mobius. Is it normal for this to happen during break in?