Ok so I need some help with this one. I recently discovered Moomba boats and think they have a huge niche offering so much value for the price......Only then to find out that my local (only dealer in the state) moomba dealer is SOLD out through the end of the summer and is not any help getting me the boat I want. Not to mention that this dealer in perticular, because their is such a demand in the area I live jacks their price way up....so I might as well buy a malibu when we talk the prices they are willing to sell for. So I call a few states around to find out that I can get a much better deal from these more reasonable dealers. I found one I like, start to negotiate the price and everything is falling into place. I then made the mistake a calling my local moomba dealer to make sure they could fit me in for the 20 hour and they freaked out that I was going to buy in another state saying that that dealer would loose his license, and I basically had to buy from him and pay his price or he would bring the boat in and I would pay his price. Long story short the guy tracked down the dealer out of state that I was talking to and demanded half of the profit and took any leg I had for negotiating a decent price right out from under me. He did not help me find this boat for 1 second and in fact tried to lie to me and say the engine wouldnt work right in our state. I just think it is CRAP and I wish I could go to moomba.com and order my boat direct!
Anyone have any suggestions?