Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Welcome to the boards!!!
    If you get a chance also check out the LS! A few of us on these boards were interested in the Outback V's in the past but once we checked out the LS we picked it instead. Same hull as the LSV which is bigger than the Outback V but with a Direct Drive for the skiers in the family like we have. Moomba directly markets this boat for the skiers and the wakeboards, check out the wake pictures and notice that for this boat they show pictures for boarders and skiers.

Hey, Z, good to hear from you. Have you been out of the country already?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

axg, if you get the v you will love it. Expect one thing from it---many years of trouble free service and fun. Im on my second moomba and would not hesitate for to get #3
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thanks for all the info. I have always owned bowriders (18ft Sea Ray OB and a 19ft Stingray I/O). We sold the Stingray 2 years back and have been Jet Skiing since then....we are very ready to get back into boating and watersports. Doing watersports off the back of a Jet Ski just is not the same.
    Now we are trying to justify getting a dedicated watersports boat or going with a traditional bowrider again.

axg, i was in the same situation back in 03-bowrider i/o or outboard--well with having a very young daughter at the time when we were at a boat show one of the salesmen pointed out the safety factor of the prop being tucked up under the boat. We got a v drive and have never looked back. These boats outhandle a i/o hands down-fun to drive, but there is a learing curve to backing up.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Ditto here. I owned two bowriders before the Outback. I really loved both of them but there's no comparison to the joy with this one-- not to mention the power difference.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

ive got an 07 outback v and i really like it, all except moomba changed logos in 08 and now they got new styles and new designs for 09, that kind of upset me but ill stick with the 07. One thing about my boat is they dont make the color my accent stripe is in, in my area it is the only boat of its color combination so i like that. If your on a budget i would def go with an outback v.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    axg, i was in the same situation back in 03-bowrider i/o or outboard--well with having a very young daughter at the time when we were at a boat show one of the salesmen pointed out the safety factor of the prop being tucked up under the boat. We got a v drive and have never looked back. These boats outhandle a i/o hands down-fun to drive, but there is a learing curve to backing up.
    I have yet to ride in one so I have not experienced the backing up part yet....
    I have heard/read it is something to get used to. More so when backing to the starboard.

The only other thing is I am a bit worried that the Outback V will be a bit rough going unless conditions are flat on the water. I boat on the ICW that opens up into the Currituck Sound. It is nice and smooth early in the day but gets a bit whipped up later on. Typically you will see 1-2' chop later in the day. Think we will get beat to death in that????
    Last edited by axg1040; 01-06-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moomba07 View Post
    ive got an 07 outback v . . . it is the only boat of its color combination . . .
    You definitely have a unique color combination. I haven't seen that one anywhere I've been. Glad to have you chiming in on here.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

AXG, your last question is your one major trade off. Tournament boats are just not designed to cut chop. In every other catagory they are just unbeatable. You will never own a quicker turning, harder accelerating, comforatable layout, watersports boat. If you want to ski then there is nothing out there that compares.

So you may have to run back to the landing a bit slower, just more time to enjoy your boat. A hard core skier myself and hardcore Outback fan, it pains me to say that the Outback is probably not for you. The older Outback V's would not be so hot either. The new OUtback V (2009) or a LSV, but probably The Mobius LS will be your best dollar value.