Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

well I wakeboard and want to get into wakesurfing...I guess im trying to get the best boat thats the cheapest for that...as everyone else is also. I tried to stop by the moomba dealer in nashville yest. but on the sign it said they had moved to and the number from this site said it was D/C...bummer. Ill try again soon. I went to the mastercraft dealer and i think i pissed him off royally lol. They hadone mobius there and thats all i wanted to look at. The rep kept showing me and telling me about all these other boats and trying to distract my attention and i told the guy basically that i was interested in that boat only. Blahblahblah he went on the bash moomba saying if i bought it i would regret it b.c of resale. He shut up when i told him i planed on keeping it for a few year and the only reason i came there was b.c moomba moved and MC was beside the interstate and i saw the mobius. Sorry for the long post, but i thought i would share of how i will never buy a MC and even though im not part of the moomba community yet he pissed me off about bashing them.

Sled491 Guest

I'd get the orange one

THe MC sales man just had checkbook envy, as people who buy a Moomba usually have money left in there check book after getting a really Kick Ass ski/wakeboard boat!

TY

If you would like to email me your e address and a phone number, I will make sure the Nashville dealer gets in touch with you. My address is [email protected].

Rick

Ty,

In case you don't know Rick T is the Head of Skiers Choice. Now how is that for service. You won't see the CEO of MasterCraft offering to help you out on the boards! That is what Makes Moomba great! They care about the customer!
    Last edited by zegm; 09-10-2008 at 09:29 PM.

We do appreciate you popping in here, Rick. Keeping your finger on the pulse of the owners makes pretty dog gone good business sense if you ask me. Thanks for caring!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    sorry because of resale??? Boy is that ever bull crap

In my opinion (don't get me wrong, MasterCrafts are magnificent boats),
    if I owned a Mastercraft, most likely it would still be for sale due to the higher price, and I'd be missing out on getting the new Outback V.
    My last boat was a 99 MC, I bought in early 2001 for $20,000, I sold it last May for $18,500 (on ebay).

My point is, all inboards seem to hold their value very well. If you were lucky enough to buy in the early 2000s, you saw the massive price increases over the last 5-8 yrs. Your $22.5K Moomba in 03, is now a $29K in 08. Almost an $8k increase in 5 yrs. A 98 Moomba was in the $18K range, with a 5 yr increase of $4.5k.
    If you look at the MC 197 or CC 196, those numbers are double that.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

In 1985/6 ish we spent 7k on a 1975 MasterCraft. Used it 22 ish years and sold it for 4500 dollars this past May! How many 33 year old, 19 ft boats can you sell for that kind of money? Yeap inboard ski boats hold their value!