Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowmobius
    1st car - 1969 GTO, I still have it and now my kids inform me which one will end up with it.

Fun car- lots of memories. I bought from the original owners in 1986
    Love the GOAT! My favorite car I have never owned and you have my favorite year.

Friend in high school had a 67 convert with the tri-power and his/hers shifter.
    It is better barefoot!

I was raised around Hot Rods ! And it rubbed off, My first car was a 65 Mustang, Then I discovered old Ford trucks. 30 years later and dozons of car builds.I now build street rods for sale!, What a great community, car people. Just like Boating it is a family thing with great people.This is my latest build/ 1956 ford f-100, All air ride, Stroker 351 Windser ford power. All the best I could put into this one. Great ride and fun to take to rod runs! Thanks for a great Subject ! . David
    08 LSV, Z-5 CARGO, TANDOM AXLE CUSTOM WHEELS TRAILER.....HOME LAKE IS BILLY CHINOOK CENTRAL OREGON

I had a 1994 Fiero. Go ahead laugh I would buy another in a second. Loved it I could fix it myself since it loved to break at the most inconvenient times. But I could fix it. And it had the greatest stereo you could get. Guy i sold it to wrote it off
    Ski when the ice is gone stop when it returns.

Here is a kinda before and after photo of the car that my parents gave me for High School graduation. It’s a 1967 Mustang Coupe. My Dad got this car in 1968 from his boss and gave it to my mom. They finally sold it to my Grandma because she loved it. She said that she liked racing and beating all the kids from stoplight to stop light in Carrolton, TX.

Grandma sold it back to my parents for $500.00 towards the end of my senior year in High School to give to me for Graduation, because she knew I loved this thing!

The photo of the pea green Mustang was when I got married. I had already had it several years and began fixing it up. It started out with a straight six motor with 4-stud wheels. The green one already shows the larger 5-bolt stance, and 9-inch rear end! I swapped the straight six for a 289 Hypo.

The next two are when we finally got it fixed up completely! Some of the stuff it had under the hood were roller rockers, crane cam, headers, high-rise Edlebrock, 850 Holly double pumper, 4-speed top-loader, and two third members to change out to help with drivability! For the highway I had 3:1 gears, and for the street I had the 457’s!
    It would scream in an 1/8 mile. The ex-wife hated this thing, because of the low-back bucket seats that would give her whiplash each time I stomped on it without warning her first! I loved it. It made Grandma proud! My Ex started driving it and she would lay rubber everywhere she went. I think she started liking it too!!!!

Our little baby in the two picks is the one that you see flipping in earlier posts! I’m glad that I have remained the same age since these photos!!!! HA!

Texas is a Great Country!

2008 XLV 1100# sacks X3! Whooya!

First car was an used tiny Seat 600...very cool..payed around $400 in 1984, a fortune for an 18 years old guy...
    Fav and actual machine is a 987 Porsche Boxster..wish I had free time to enjoy my toys...
    Anyway..this year I´m driving up to England for the British F1 GP, nice travel across France, then ferry to Portsmouth..and driving by the wrong way to Silverstone

Sled491 Guest

First car was a 1970 Cougar with a 351. When I was done with it, it would lift the front tires off of the ground. One time right into my Dad's garage, should have put more effort into the brakes and not just the motor

Favorite car was a 1982 Mustang GT 4 speed. Black on black with the big factory sun roof. Slight build up on motor, but no accesories (AC etc), this thing was just fast no if and or buts about it. Never saw a winter, heck couldn't keep it straight in the summer, never mind with smow and ice of Canada

Quote Originally Posted by sled491
    First car was a 1970 Cougar with a 351. When I was done with it, it would lift the front tires off of the ground. One time right into my Dad's garage, should have put more effort into the brakes and not just the motor

Favorite car was a 1982 Mustang GT 4 speed. Black on black with the big factory sun roof. Slight build up on motor, but no accesories (AC etc), this thing was just fast no if and or buts about it. Never saw a winter, heck couldn't keep it straight in the summer, never mind with smow and ice of Canada
    LOL I had one of those in high school too, 1982 Mustang GT 302 with 4spd. I broke three rear ends drag racing, finally put the drivetrain from an '89 GT in it minus the fuel injection. That was a fun car.

Yea at one time I drove a ford, I know it is coming.
    It is better barefoot!

Sled491 Guest

I'm just sayin!

First: '72 Buick Centurion convertible w/ 455- royal blue metallic, black top and interior. Very cool to have in college but used lots of fuel.

Favorite: Grandpa's '70 Deville Convertible may he rest in peace- sky blue with white top and white leather interior- 472- smooth baby smooth- should have hung on to this one.