Default 2008 moomba enters safe mode at 2900 rpm's after 30 secs

Any ideas?
    Boat enters safe or limo mode after 30 secs and limits to 2900 rpm's.
    Replaced the throttle sensor. TPS. No luck unless I need to reset something after.

Thanks in advance

Could be a lot of things. Low on oil? Could also be an issue with a clog in the water line somewhere. Sea strainer (if you have one), raw water pump could have a bad impeller, clog at the oil cooler. I was just with a friend this weekend on his 2008 XLV and it went into limp mode and the engine temp went up. we took apart the sea strainer and the impeller and couldn't find anything at all. We took off the hose that went from the raw water pump to the oil cooler and there was about an inch of fine debris clogging the bottom of the oil cooler. Cleaned it all out and we were good to go.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

is the CEL on? Have you scanned it?

I had similar last fall and pulled the code, it pointed to the hall effect sensor on the hand throttle at the helm. I cleared the code and cleaned the connections and have ran it for a bit this spring to see if the issue comes back.

Yes, CEL is on. But the Moomba Cruise lights come on also at same time, almost as if the cruise is limiting to 2900. Even though I didn't turn cruise on.

Check engine light on; and the Moomba Cruise light turns on at same time. Maybe this is how it controls limp mode?

Typically, this happens from low oil, low oil pressure, high coolant temp, low coolant.

If all of those are physically OK, could be a sensor going bad. Oil pressure has 2 (1 for gauge, 1 for ECM). Coolant temp has 2 also. Both of these are Tee'd close to each other. Other sensors such as knock can cause this issue, but most time knock sensors are triggered from bad ignition parts (plugs, cap/rotor, coil).

Do you have dual batteries? If so swap to the other one. Do not run the switch in 1+2. Many post about that causing issues. Check batteries also, low battery or loose cables cause many problems.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow