Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Posts
    52

    Default

    I now understand why no one has been able to get hinges to work with full range on a Moomba Max. After looking at moombas with factory hinges at the boat show they have a cut out around the hinge in the fiber glass. Looks like if I notch my fiber glass a little I can get the hinge to have full range. When the seat is fully closed the hinge goes back into the cut out. ca097588a18413d667a860b1a95f3078.jpg
    2023 Moomba Max
    1,345 WM Rear| 860 WM Bow bag's + 800lbs lead = 6,350lbs | Prop-3591
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5- SOLD
    Tow- 2002 F-350 Super Duty 7.3L PSD

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Location
    Royal Oak, MI
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    Was bored last weekend and decided to put hinges on my midship cushions. They won't open all the way due to the fiberglass hull shape, but they open enough for me to not complain about taking the cushion off.

    https://youtube.com/shorts/enT1u-WHbOE

    https://youtube.com/shorts/_-NfhydkNPI

    https://youtube.com/shorts/KtxrvT5bg9Q
    Any chance you have these videos posted elsewhere? The youtube links are dead. I finally figured out why the seats don't open all the way, you'd have to notch the fiberglass to move the hinge further back.
    2023 Moomba Max
    1,345 WM Rear| 860 WM Bow bag's + 800lbs lead = 6,350lbs | Prop-3591
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5- SOLD
    Tow- 2002 F-350 Super Duty 7.3L PSD

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    3,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moombas View Post
    Any chance you have these videos posted elsewhere? The youtube links are dead. I finally figured out why the seats don't open all the way, you'd have to notch the fiberglass to move the hinge further back.
    Might try to shoot him a message . . . . probably skiing
    2018 Supra SL400

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moombas View Post
    Any chance you have these videos posted elsewhere? The youtube links are dead. I finally figured out why the seats don't open all the way, you'd have to notch the fiberglass to move the hinge further back.
    Message me an I will give you my number and text them to you. Too long of a story but I cleared out my you tube, if you want to post them after you get them, have at it. Also, on the Makai, the supports of the fiber glass are in the right spots, but not on the Max, hence why supports are needed. Also, yes the other companies seat open fully due to the fiberglass shape around the seat. They do a curve void mold in the back of the seat that allows them to open. I can text you a picture of that on the G23 in my shop. Good luck.....and MJMSupra...hahah...33 years in this town and I am over the winter and 400" of snow! I leave and go south for the winter.....fishing and sand between my toes is what I want in the winter, however Spring, Summer and Fall in the mountains couldn't be better.
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Posts
    212

    Default

    If anyone messages me, I will share the videos and picture comparisons between Nautique and Max. Anyone can post them if they would like. I think they will give a better visual of the difference. Visual is better as my explantions #$%@
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    3,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtnsurfer View Post
    MJHSupra...hahah...33 years in this town and I am over the winter and 400" of snow! I leave and go south for the winter.....fishing and sand between my toes is what I want in the winter, however Spring, Summer and Fall in the mountains couldn't be better.
    I wrote that after looking at Insta and noticed another 12 of snow the night before.

    Someone made the comment about the lack of people showing up for work that day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I wrote that after looking at Insta and noticed another 12” of snow the night before.

    Someone made the comment about the lack of people showing up for work that day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Low winter with 254" right now, but enough to keep me away.
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •