Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Happy Monday guys! I've been slowing doing this project, but I hope to wrap it up this weekend since we're off Friday. Should have a helper Friday.

    So far...old system removed, pumps mounted and all the electrical components are tied in and working.

    I have the thru holes plotted out and there is a ton of room, so the fear there is gone.

    Questions about the old plumbing and old wiring. This is where I'm a total noobie on a boat, the fill line that runs from the pump to the center bag. How the heck do I remove it? Its zip-tied as far as my arm can reach on both sides. Is pulling the floor up an option? (told you I had dumb questions). And the old wiring...do you guys pull it out too? Kind of the same story, I can't get to a lot of it. I hate to just leave it, but I don't see where that would cause any harm, just pull the fuses from under the steering wheel?
    2008 XLV Gravity Games edition

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beas View Post
    Happy Monday guys! I've been slowing doing this project, but I hope to wrap it up this weekend since we're off Friday. Should have a helper Friday.

    So far...old system removed, pumps mounted and all the electrical components are tied in and working.

    I have the thru holes plotted out and there is a ton of room, so the fear there is gone.

    Questions about the old plumbing and old wiring. This is where I'm a total noobie on a boat, the fill line that runs from the pump to the center bag. How the heck do I remove it? Its zip-tied as far as my arm can reach on both sides. Is pulling the floor up an option? (told you I had dumb questions). And the old wiring...do you guys pull it out too? Kind of the same story, I can't get to a lot of it. I hate to just leave it, but I don't see where that would cause any harm, just pull the fuses from under the steering wheel?
    You have to pull the floor up, the hose is zip tied and just easier to run the new hose. I just disconnect the old wires from both ends and tie them up.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    i pulled all the old wiring and hoses out. Get the floor up and things are pretty easy to get to.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I did this upgrade about 3 years ago to my 2006 XLV it worked great but here are a few helpful hints.

    To line up the drill locations, get a couple small magnets that can be placed on the inside and outside of the hull, this helps get the location exact.

    Second, plan for replacing the impeller regularly to help the engine run smoothly

    Lemme know if you have any specific questions
    okedoky

    2022 Mojo !

    2006 XLV GG Edition -- upgraded with Wakemakers full ballast upgrade kit, pumps, bags, tube, etc. Stargazer - SOLD

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    I disconnected everything and left the old wires. Removed the old fuse panel under the dash on my previous 2007 Supra.

    Ran all new wire with a two BusBars for the pumps and LEDs. Made sure the fuses were easy to get to, but never had any issues.
    2018 Supra SL400

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Just drilled my thru holes for the Gravity III upgrade today on my 2008 Launch 21V. Have really enjoyed the project thus far… still need to hide some wires and run a few hoses. My 12 year old daughter has been with me helping for the entire project… has been great time together!

    Can’t wait to get it out for a test run… probably bring a bucket just in case


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    2008 Supra Launch 21V

    --2011 Z71 Suburban
    --2020 Z71 Suburban

    Weatherford TEXAS

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Launch21V View Post
    Just drilled my thru holes for the Gravity III upgrade today on my 2008 Launch 21V. Have really enjoyed the project thus far… still need to hide some wires and run a few hoses. My 12 year old daughter has been with me helping for the entire project… has been great time together!

    Can’t wait to get it out for a test run… probably bring a bucket just in case


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome! my thru holes are complete. I have put the boat back in the water though. It was about 90 here and I ran out of gas and forgot the heat gun to work the hoses on. Feel good about it though.

    One problem I've run into is the connectors on my bow bag are glued in. Its the one bag I need to reuse. I need to replace those with the larger ones that came with the kit. Any tips on unscrewing those? I'm hitting it with a heat gun and putting goo gone in the cracks. Taking my time on it. I don't want to have to replace that bag. Keep taking it easy?
    2008 XLV Gravity Games edition

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    20

    Default

    What an awesome upgrade. Would highly recommend. I haven't put an actual timer to the fill and drain times, but I think it fills 3 1100# bags in 6 or 7 minutes. Seems like they drain faster.
    2008 XLV Gravity Games edition

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Tested out the gravity III today… game changer for our generation of boats. The project was enjoyable and the functionality is great. Highly recommend!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    2008 Supra Launch 21V

    --2011 Z71 Suburban
    --2020 Z71 Suburban

    Weatherford TEXAS

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beas View Post
    What an awesome upgrade. Would highly recommend. I haven't put an actual timer to the fill and drain times, but I think it fills 3 1100# bags in 6 or 7 minutes. Seems like they drain faster.
    When you drain the bags do you just listen for when to turn the pumps off or do you actually watch the bags? I got distracted and ran the pumps after the bags were empty longer than I should have… probably not good for the pumps


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    2008 Supra Launch 21V

    --2011 Z71 Suburban
    --2020 Z71 Suburban

    Weatherford TEXAS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •