Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    107

    Default Need a ballast reset procedure for 2021 mojo w flow 3.0

    All,
    Today is my second day with my brand new 2021 mojo with g6 ballast system. I have to say that boat is awesome but the wake is still a struggle. Mainly because of the ballast issues.
    FYI, I have burped the begs so there should be no more air in them and I also attempted to rest the ballast in the vessel settings menu but Iím not sure if I did it right. In my menu there is Reset, Empty and Full.

    Can someone provide me with the procedure when to select what?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Did you plumb in a new bag? If you did not, I don't believe you needed to reset the ballast volume.

    I have some opinion on this but I'm still working through it myself. Keep in mind I've plumbed in additional bags, so I've needed to reset my timers as well as my bag volumes.

    First thing I did was empty everything. Set ballast volume to empty. Fill everything, this took a few tries to get the timers correct. Once all is filled, set to full.

    This has mostly worked but I've had to reset the volume a couple times due to not completely emptying a bag beforehand.

    Not sure that anyone's posted an official guide or if there's anything more to it than what I've described. Let me know if there is!
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, 6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Did you plumb in a new bag? If you did not, I don't believe you needed to reset the ballast volume.

    I have some opinion on this but I'm still working through it myself. Keep in mind I've plumbed in additional bags, so I've needed to reset my timers as well as my bag volumes.

    First thing I did was empty everything. Set ballast volume to empty. Fill everything, this took a few tries to get the timers correct. Once all is filled, set to full.

    This has mostly worked but I've had to reset the volume a couple times due to not completely emptying a bag beforehand.

    Not sure that anyone's posted an official guide or if there's anything more to it than what I've described. Let me know if there is!
    No I did not add any additional bags.

    So what does the Reset do? And when do I use it? Same with Full and Empty.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    First off, congrats on the new boat. Secondly, the timers control the display that shows "FULL" or "EMPTY". There aren't sensors in the bags. The newer boats have sensors in the vent lines that register full just before water starts to vent. These can be set to zero or full at anytime during the process, or at any level.

    The trick is to know how long it takes to fill the bags and then set the timers accordingly. Then the gauges will show the correct level based on the time they were running.

    900lbs bag is ~108 gallons of water
    pumps are 11gpm (G3 is 1 pump per rear bag, G6 is 2)
    Timers for G3 system should be 9.5-9.75 minutes, G6 system is 4.75-5 minutes until full.

    If the bag are completely empty and you zero the display, timers set accordingly, you should be able to time the fill time and check against your display. G6 system stop at 2.5 minutes and it should be at 50%.

    Hope that helps. Also, are you just playing around to learn the system? Day 2 of a boat and loading ballast, I thought there was break-in for 10hr first.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    107

    Default Need a ballast reset procedure for 2021 mojo w flow 3.0

    Thanks for the input [mention]Holdmybeer [/mention]
    My timers are set to 6:30 by the default from the factory.
    My main question is when should I hit reset?
    Should I just manually empty the bags and hit Empty? Or should I hit reset first then empty.

    Is it the same for full?

    I also noticed that my bags loose water approximately 25% after about 10min of running but the indicator is still showing 100.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emilware View Post
    Thanks for the input [mention]Holdmybeer [/mention]
    My timers are set to 6:30 by the default from the factory.
    My main question is when should I hit reset?
    Should I just manually empty the bags and hit Empty? Or should I hit reset first then empty.

    Is it the same for full?

    I also noticed that my bags loose water approximately 25% after about 10min of running but the indicator is still showing 100.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You don't have to hit reset at all. That is the point here. They are helpful indicators not really monitoring the water in the bags. The water you are losing is most likely through the overflow vent once you get moving, or AutoWake draining them to keep your pitch and angle setting.

    Notice when you lose water the gauges don't change? That is because the gauges are not reading anything, they are just visual representations of what the system is trying to do based on the timers.

    Fill the bags, and reset them to FULL. Then drain them, and see where they end up. At 6.5 minutes, on G6 ballast setup, the rear bags will be empty before the gauge says empty. Gauge will most likely say 25%.
    This is want I mean by adjusting timers until the gauge somewhat matches what is actually happening. The timer should be closer to 4.5 minutes and then reality will "match" the gauge calculation.

    Hope that helps
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    229

    Default

    My experience is that when running at higher RPMs, the bags fill quicker...so think this scenario:

    1) Fill at 600 RPM - Hits 100% full.
    2) Empty bags at 1100 RPM - They empty and you here them running dry....but the screen still shows 20% full.
    3) You reset the levels to 0% or ""Empty" under all.

    Maybe I am misunderstanding the ask...but that is how I interpret it.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcredible View Post
    My experience is that when running at higher RPMs, the bags fill quicker...so think this scenario:

    1) Fill at 600 RPM - Hits 100% full.
    2) Empty bags at 1100 RPM - They empty and you here them running dry....but the screen still shows 20% full.
    3) You reset the levels to 0% or ""Empty" under all.

    Maybe I am misunderstanding the ask...but that is how I interpret it.
    Correct.

    But the engine RPM's have nothing directly to do with the ballast pumps. The increase voltage from the alternator is allowing the pumps to run at 14V instead 12V making them speed up. Just wanted to clarify to not confuse the OP.

    Again, the gauges are just there as a visual aid, not a sensor measured level.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    229

    Default

    The 7" screen on Moombas with a 2019 and newer introduces a sensor into the computer though.

    When it detects the bags are full with the pressure sensor(from the bottom of the bag), it will immediately bump from 70% to 100% and have a little red dot next to the 100.

    The problem I find with this is that you need to burp the air from your bags and then refill it a few times to fill back up. The diaphragms will help with this throuhgout the day of letting air out slowly....but usually need to burp both sides at the first fill and manually flip the toggle switch a few times to full fill again as the computer shows 100%.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    274

    Default

    I have the new 21 mojo as well but unfortunately i have to vent the bags everytime. I would approximate when they fill they are 10% air everytime. I vent them and then toggle the switch to fill again.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •