I've finished installing some custom ballast and put on a new propeller to help with the extra weight. After talking to Indmar about engine wear, they suggested I try and get through to Aaron/Roger at Skier's choice service/warranty, but so far I haven't been able to talk to them, (left messages).

Aside from increasing the frequency of oil changes, and generally being more vigilant about all of the boat maintenance tasks, (fluids, etc.), I'm trying to get feedback on what other tasks or things I should be watching for when running a heavily weighted boat.

The goal is to get as close to nameplate (4000 + 2500 = 6500 lbs) as possible. I've put on a 15x12.5 Acme and we're at 2800' elevation with the Raptor 400 and running a 10 degree pitch for my wave (Wake9 settings). The boat is performing well, but with this lower pitched prop we're bumping up to 4800-5000 rpm to hold 11.2 mph.

Talking to Indmar, they didn't seem to think it was an issue at all but also noted that Skier's service/warranty would be the better people to discuss it with. Reading the Indmar manual it mentions that it has built-in rpm cutouts but I wanted to try and get a sense of where the "too much" line was from those who've gone this heavy (or more).

Anyone have some solid feedback to give on this?