Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bimini

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Have seen it before but only online not in person. Nice idea but spendy if I remember correctly.
    Looks like $900 for the cheaper option. That is about half the cost of the SewLong version of the same thing, but the wake shade has that retractible boot feature that I think will probably break after being on the water for a while.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

We've been thinking about the wakeshade. Seems like a simple solution for a decent price.
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    We've been thinking about the wakeshade. Seems like a simple solution for a decent price.
    Hey, did you end up getting a wakeshade? If so how do you like it? I am torn between the waskeshade and shoreline brands Co's version with extendable poles but the waskeshade seems more robust and is on sale so the price gap is close enough I am having a hard time deciding
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuds View Post
    Hey, did you end up getting a wakeshade? If so how do you like it? I am torn between the waskeshade and shoreline brands Co's version with extendable poles but the waskeshade seems more robust and is on sale so the price gap is close enough I am having a hard time deciding
    Yes we went with the wakeshade. So nice having more shade. Pretty easy to fold in and out. I don’t tuck the fabric into the shade itself to store it I just throw it in the glove box. The fabric is my only question on how long it will last. It’s a bit softer/stretchy than I was expecting. But with that I’ve had it up to 30mph no issue so far. Having extra shade in OK heat, wish I would have put it on from day 1 and not waited.

This winter though I did make my own upright supports for it though. The standard ones work fine but it won’t allow access to the Bimini surf board pockets as they are cut at a angle and my new ones allow it to be vertical and tall enough to clear the board fins.

New brackets

Original

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Makai

Ruger, what does it all look like deployed, both biminis? Noticed your nav light is covered, wonder if they make a taller version?
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Ruger, what does it all look like deployed, both biminis? Noticed your nav light is covered, wonder if they make a taller version?
    Pic from when I first put it on last yr with factory brackets. They only have the 1 original brackets, I tried getting them to make a different set and they never would, so made them myself. My new brackets if the Bimini was stored you could see the nav light from behind. The factory Bimini would block it from in front. Both open would be the opposite. We never really go out at night so didn’t bother me too much on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Makai

Looks great! That is a huge upgrade! We are out at dusk enough coming back in that I'd have to get an extended nav light as it is supposed to be viewable 360 degrees. Good looking boat sir.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Thanks for sharing Ruger… I was hoping it would extend further back, but far more coverage than the stock Bimini

I see Sewlong makes something like that as well….

https://sewlong.com/shade-sail/

It ‘appears’ to extend further back, but looking for some pics online, especially on a Makai, these boats have a way of making everything seem small !!

Found a pic on a Moomba…. Extends quite far (though that pic is not a Makai)

IMG_3067.jpg
    Last edited by Dukabor; 05-05-2024 at 03:00 PM.
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods (aka TINRFD): 1000lb of lead and +700lb WM Bags (500lbs of more lead coming soon)

Sewlong - $2500
    Wake shade - $899 until May 31st.

Kind of a no brainer. I like the wakshade folds up.

@Ruger did you say you don't fold up your sail with the fabric on? Wondering if that is possible.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Dukabor View Post
    Thanks for sharing Ruger… I was hoping it would extend further back, but far more coverage than the stock Bimini

I see Sewlong makes something like that as well….

https://sewlong.com/shade-sail/

It ‘appears’ to extend further back, but looking for some pics online, especially on a Makai, these boats have a way of making everything seem small !!

Found a pic on a Moomba…. Extends quite far (though that pic is not a Makai)

IMG_3067.jpg
    Yeah I was considering the swelong option but I was quoted $3k plus duties, taxes and fees shipped to Canada and that is a bit too pricey for what it is as it is not really much different than the shoreline option which is 600 USD. The Sewlong option is 8 feet long and the shoreline is almost 7 feet and waskeshade is 62" so the smallest but I like the fact that it folds up into itself and can be up at higher speeds and I only have the Mondo so I do not really need 8 feet of coverage. I think I am going to go with the waskeshade option, but as I said before I am torn with the shoreline brands option as it is a good price and has good coverage

@holdmybeer

The fabric is supposed to be able to be folded up and stored in the boot which has a flap cover that zips shut when the shad is not deployed but I do not think it can be folded with the fabric on unfortunately but looks pretty easy to deploy and fold up on their video.
    Last edited by Chuds; 05-05-2024 at 06:01 PM.
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)