Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by JimLevin View Post
    Where did you buy replacements for these? Want to do this for 2019 Makai

AND is the fuel water separator the same thing as the fuel filter? (where do yall buy most parts for annual service?)
    Over the years I have been buying mine during the Wakemakers sales around Black Friday - water pump and ballast impellers.
    I also look on Amazon for anything else maintenance related like oil, oil filters, cleaners and conditioners during that time.
    One year I got a bunch of tune-up parts at Bakes for probably 1/2 price - was a good deal.

I'm due to change mine green ones this spring. That post above was my last service. They probably still work OK, but I have new ones.
    2018 Supra SL400

Glad I did the ballast impellers. Replaced with the “upgraded” orange ones from wakemakers. Mine were stock original from 2019, 225hrs, green. Pulled the first 2 and thought I’d wasted my money on the impellers, got to the port side and front and found I had not wasted that money. Impellers look ok inside pump and when pulled but if you bend the veins back there was lots of cracking at the base where veins meet at the hub. Looks like they were at the end of their service life. Both rear bags also not completely emptied, maybe still 5% full. Man those front ones are tight, had to use a flathead screwdriver bit on the end of my small ratchet to improvise a small right turn screwdriver to get those screws out and back in but all in all, not a hard job at all. More time pulling the panels and rear bins and crouching down in the hull, then actual difficulty. Amazing how deep that hull is at the rear.
    Last edited by JimLevin; 05-22-2023 at 09:00 AM.
    2019 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by JimLevin View Post
    Glad I did the ballast impellers. Replaced with the “upgraded” orange ones from wakemakers. Mine were stock original from 2019, 225hrs, green. Pulled the first 2 and thought I’d wasted my money on the impellers, got to the port side and front and found I had not wasted that money. Impellers look ok inside pump and when pulled but if you bend the veins back there was lots of cracking at the base where veins meet at the hub. Looks like they were at the end of their service life. Both rear bags also not completely emptied, maybe still 5% full. Man those front ones are tight, had to use a flathead screwdriver bit on the end of my small ratchet to improvise a small right turn screwdriver to get those screws out and back in but all in all, not a hard job at all. More time pulling the panels and rear bins and crouching down in the hull, then actual difficulty. Amazing how deep that hull is at the rear.
    Yea, you would think that SC would design a better location on the pumps to make that process easier, but there must be something I do not know about. I like the idea of having them mounted behind a faux wall or a panel to pop out to access.

I have 6 to swap out, two in access hatch mid ship (easy), two between the lockers & back seats (not bad), but the last two are in the floor by the v-drive locker - removing panels, the v-drive locker floor area, then unscrewing the pump mounts from the boat to get to the brass heads. Not hard, but a PITA to change two little impellers. Still have the scar on my wrist from a sharp SS hose clamp trying to get those and not paying attention.

Yep, it's deep on these boat on the back end.
    2018 Supra SL400

SC has improved pump locations over the years.

Newer Supras have all 6 pumps in a common area midship.

Keep in mind, Moomba and Supra have different engineering teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    SC has improved pump locations over the years.

Newer Supras have all 6 pumps in a common area midship.

Keep in mind, Moomba and Supra have different engineering teams.

Have you swapped the 21 model? A recall a post from a buddy that remounted the pumps after that first change to make the next change easier. I do not have all the details, but agree, the central location would is better.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Have you swapped the 21 model? A recall a post from a buddy that remounted the pumps after that first change to make the next change easier. I do not have all the details, but agree, the central location would is better.
    Not yet, only 77 hours. But I can see and looks like I can reach them through the floor drain access and or removing the in floor cooler .

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

16852885581004857641985297578813.jpg

This took about 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by JHCMondo View Post
    16852885581004857641985297578813.jpg

This took about 2 minutes.
    That tool was worth the $40 several years ago. It has also netted me lots of free beer for helping.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow