Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for some feedback and help from Makai owners. We are looking at an 2019 Makai for use on Lake Geneva in Wisconsin. I have two kids (7 and 11) and they like to surf and I also enjoy surfing, although admittedly we are all novices. My wife has no interest in surfing and is primarily concerned with comfort of the boat, ride and handling. Lake Geneva tends to get very busy on weekend afternoons with a lot of chop and wind. We won't be surfing afternoons, but we do want to be able to "cruise" in our boat and anchor for the kids to enjoy time on a maui mat, swimmng and sunning. I'm concerned with the low freeboard on a wake surf boat that we might be better off looking at a Penta Sterndrive even if we give up a bit of wave functionality. We like the roominess of the full inboard and can live without the creature comforts that we might get on a comparably priced I/O. Here are a few questions:

-Has anyone had their Makai in 3-4 foot waves and chop? How does it handle the chop?

-How wet is the rear of the boat in chop?

-How does it handle chop and cruising?

-We took a lesson behind a Nautique G25 (totally different boat and price point, can't splash out that kind of money), but we found the handling of chop and freeboard acceptable. Does anyone have a comparison on Makai and the G25 on those fronts?

I have very few concerns about the wake, I know that will be great, but if my wife doesn't like the boat and isn't comfortable, this is going to be the wrong boat for our family. Feedback and thoughts are appreciated.