Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    51

    Default Calibrate your speedometer

    I am sure this has been discussed but any boat with a paddle speedometer should use a GPS app on their phone to calibrate their speed. I checked mine and it was reading 1.7 mph slow. So when I thought I was surfing at 10.5, it was closer to 12.2. Calibrating the speedometer made a big difference in the wave.
    2015 Moomba Mondo Surf Edition
    WM 910 Rear sacs and 650 and 550 IBS
    WS 600 WATT Amp- 4 Tower Speakers
    KICKER 800 WATT Amp-Sub
    Ford Raptor 400 6.2 L
    Pro sport 12 Dual Batt Charger
    Acme Prop 14.5 x 14.25

    Winston Salem
    North Carolina

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    10

    Default

    How did you adjust the analog speedometer? Mine is off by about 10 mph.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    440 Raptor
    Enzo Bags

    1992 Four Winns Horizon 200 - For Sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    973

    Default

    Don't think he touched the analog speedo. He was messing with the digital on the 4" screen. In vessel settings you can adjust so the cruise works correctly.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MELVIN View Post
    How did you adjust the analog speedometer? Mine is off by about 10 mph.
    Look in the owners manual. IIRC there is a turn knob under the dash for the analog speedo. Your manual is also online in the Moomba site archives.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    194

    Default

    I calibrate mine ever so often. I calibrate at surf speeds though, as that is when I want the speedo to be most accurate. I have the paddle wheel, not gps. When crushing my speedo doesn’t match my phone fps, however when surfing it’s spot on. I surf is deep lake water. No current.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    680lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Boating on Lake Martin, AL
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    I calibrate mine ever so often. I calibrate at surf speeds though, as that is when I want the speedo to be most accurate. I have the paddle wheel, not gps. When crushing my speedo doesn’t match my phone fps, however when surfing it’s spot on. I surf is deep lake water. No current.
    I’m also on paddle wheel and you may need to adjust your triducer arrow. When my triducer went out and replaced under warranty, I had the dealer tech ride with me and we used a gps app to dial in the arrow on the triducer. Originally when they thought they had it lined up it was several mph off at cruising speeds.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Thanks. Will give that a try.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    440 Raptor
    Enzo Bags

    1992 Four Winns Horizon 200 - For Sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    I’m also on paddle wheel and you may need to adjust your triducer arrow. When my triducer went out and replaced under warranty, I had the dealer tech ride with me and we used a gps app to dial in the arrow on the triducer. Originally when they thought they had it lined up it was several mph off at cruising speeds.
    What do you mean by arrow?
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    680lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    157

    Default

    This is interesting I will be out on my boat tomorrow I’m going to check the speedo and paddle wheel accuracy

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Boating on Lake Martin, AL
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    What do you mean by arrow?
    There is an arrow or line on the top of the housing you use to align parallel to the centerline of the boat and point it towards the bow. This is the alignment of the paddle wheel relative to the direction of the boat. If it’s not aligned it won’t read the correct speed.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •