Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    125

    Question Tried the boat out and need a little help. Wont speed up enough with full ballast

    Ok so I did a bunch of updates and mods to our "new to us" boat this winter so yesterday I wanted to test everything out before taking the whole family to the lake. Everything worked great and the boat ran great other than when I filled everything up and wanted to see a surf wave...

    I had a full tank of gas, the rear 910's full, the ski locker 400 full, and a suck gate. I could not get up to speed to even make the wave form. I want to say I was stuck at around 8-9mph. I turned off the perf pass and gave it all she had but still was stuck at that speed.

    I don't think I have a problem and assume I just need some weight in the front right? I just ordered a 650lb bow sac and pump. Is that going to fix my issue like I think it will? Next time out will be with the family and want to have it right.

    Thanks guys!

    PS - I know an acme 1433 prop will help also but can't get it for a while.
    2007 Mobius LSV - Sold

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    14,066

    Default

    What prop are you running now?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    14,066

    Default

    Also, you may need your wake plate all the way down to get on plane. Once you are you can adjust it up a little. More bow weight should help even you out but you may not be able to run all you have without changing to a lower pitched prop.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Also, you may need your wake plate all the way down to get on plane. Once you are you can adjust it up a little. More bow weight should help even you out but you may not be able to run all you have without changing to a lower pitched prop.
    Ok

    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    What prop are you running now?
    As far as I know it's stock.
    2007 Mobius LSV - Sold

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Posts
    793

    Default

    I would change out the prop if original, go to wakemakers.com acmemarine.com or ojprops.com they are the best source to help you select a prop. Also if new to inboards pickup a just-in-case prop kit or weekend saver. It will have all the tools you need to pull a prop but a propane torch. You might need that if your prop has been in place for a decade.

    On our LSV and XLV I ran a ACME 1235.
    On our Mondo started with the mid level upgrade and went up to the OJ945 as the mid prop would get on plan when sacked and loaded with people.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North End Lake Lanier GA
    Posts
    8,089

    Default

    If you can't reach 10mph having nose weight won't help.

    You have maxed out your prop.

    That being said 1235 (standard wake prop) will help but if your running 900 rear 400 center with plans of 650 bow your going to want to look more at a 1617 to get that serious low end power.

    On my LSV the 1235 was maxing out at 11mph with above weight and 7 people


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >

    https://vimeo.com/59208513?from=outro-local

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    If you can't reach 10mph having nose weight won't help.

    You have maxed out your prop.

    That being said 1235 (standard wake prop) will help but if your running 900 rear 400 center with plans of 650 bow your going to want to look more at a 1617 to get that serious low end power.

    On my LSV the 1235 was maxing out at 11mph with above weight and 7 people


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply! I was just looking at props thinking that it was more of a must than I had thought...
    Going to go ahead and get the ACME 1617.
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by GregInKS; 05-10-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    2007 Mobius LSV - Sold

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    14,066

    Default

    BTW, the term "stock" prop has no real meaning. Over the years different dealers would order or put different props on different boats. My year (200, one "stock" prop was the OJ 13.7 x 17.5 prop but you could get the "wakeboard" prop which was the 14.25 x 14 one. One of them would come "stock" on just about any LSV that year. For purposes of discussion it is always better to refer to brand and model # or size and pitch.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    BTW, the term "stock" prop has no real meaning. Over the years different dealers would order or put different props on different boats. My year (200, one "stock" prop was the OJ 13.7 x 17.5 prop but you could get the "wakeboard" prop which was the 14.25 x 14 one. One of them would come "stock" on just about any LSV that year. For purposes of discussion it is always better to refer to brand and model # or size and pitch.
    Yep I hear ya. I just didn't look yet on this one. I did earlier today though and it was OJ 13.7 x 17.5.
    The acme 1617 should be on the way. Sounds like it will be a BIG upgrade for surfing. Thanks again!
    2007 Mobius LSV - Sold

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    14,066

    Default

    ACME 1617 is 14" x 13.75". It will pull like a mule. You will lose a little top end speed but will absolutely love it for wakesurfing.

    Was also going to mention that the 2006-2009 or so LSV's would get a strange growl with some of the OJ props (not the one you have but the 14.25 x 14 one had it on many of the guys' boats on here for some reason). I would only put an ACME on those models so your choice should be ideal.

    Last thing. If you decide to keep your original prop for backup, OK, but you might decide to upgrade it. There are specific (I think maybe Mastercraft) boats that do great with that OJ prop and so those owners are your target market. Ski it again is a good site to sell to reach those buyers.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 05-11-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •